Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Average Android
116 Posts
deltaechoe said:
Just FYI, the mobile speedtest app is very broken, you will get a much more accurate result from the browser based tests
I've yet to get consistent test results on either the app or browser. I KNOW the browser app is wrong because there's no possible way I'm downloading 270MB ROMs as fast as I do if the speed being reported is true. I usually get readings between 5 and 10 Mbps. To download files as fast as I do, the rate has to be at least 4 to 6 times faster than what's reported. The best reading I ever got was 48.9 in Chicago, which is believable based on what downloads come down at.

· appul pls
402 Posts
icanhazdroid said:
is that 3g real...?
That one was when I first got the phone and everyone was doing speedtests. I decided to try it on just 3G and got that. Don't know if it was a mistake or what, but yeah, as far as I know it's real :tongue3:

· Android Lover
1,238 Posts
g00s3y said:
That one was when I first got the phone and everyone was doing speedtests. I decided to try it on just 3G and got that. Don't know if it was a mistake or what, but yeah, as far as I know it's real :tongue3:
That was on the old version of the app, that was declared to misrepresent actual speeds due to a caching issue. 3G maxes out at 3mbps - and the most you'll ever actually see is ~2.5 mbps. So no, that's not accurate.

· Supporting Member
28 Posts

Columbia SC

PS - is it just me or does tapatalk suck for uploading images?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

· Average Android
116 Posts
Don't feel bad. I've never seen any form of speed test report accurate readings.... a FACT some of you have clearly overlooked. No offense to the OP, but this is a really pointless thread; about as silly as measuring your junk with an elastic tape measure.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.