Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power button broke on my phone, the only way to get the the screen on is to get a incoming call.
Is there any way to get the phone into download mode without the power button? I'm running gummy Gbe 2.0

·
Consummate tinkerer
1,065 Posts
KBBT said:
The power button broke on my phone, the only way to get the the screen on is to get a incoming call.
Is there any way to get the phone into download mode without the power button? I'm running gummy Gbe 2.0
You can do this using ADB as well (adb reboot download), but Rythmycs method will likely be WAY easier (especially if you do not have ADB already set up).

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, wasn't sure if the phone would turn on by just inserting the battery, but that worked.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dwitherell said:
You can do this using ADB as well (adb reboot download), but Rythmycs method will likely be WAY easier (especially if you do not have ADB already set up).
That was my next option, but I'm not familiar with ADB, so I'm glad pulling the battery worked.

·
Android Fanatic
195 Posts
you could use commands in the terminal emulator app on the phone too

Sent from my Droid Charge using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.