Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to order one. Once I get it I'll report back.

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll let you know when my online banking updates but I'm pretty sure they will not charge you till it ships. I was wondering the same thing about the "shark fin". It can't be any worse than the extended battery sticking out the back of the phone.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
From some of the videos I've seen, it looks like where the wires and connector are stored. It basically has a built in micro usb cable that will plug in to your phone. It will charge your phone first when you plug your charger into the case and then the case battery.

Im just guessing that thats where all the microusb connectors and power source components are stored... probably doubles as a nice place to grip or something.

I just am debating because it looks like the kickstand is unusable when in portrait mode.

·
Average Android
97 Posts
Nice Find! I just might have to invest in one of these. I don't like the loosing of my kick stand, and the shark fin thing is a little akward but its nothing major. hmmm temping, very temping. :)

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Talked to someone who worked there, looks like they charge at checkout your card.

I'm still on the fence with this thing.

I have an the 2750 extended battery and a Sedio Convert case. Love the case cause I can use the kickstand and holster but I want something a little less smaller in hand. I dunno how much smaller the powerskin is going to be if any.

·
Android Overlord
105 Posts
I dont know how if the battery will actually hold up to the OEM 2750 I am debating between the powerskin and the OEM battery which one do you think I should get?

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
SemiAutoAZ said:
From some of the videos I've seen, it looks like where the wires and connector are stored. It basically has a built in micro usb cable that will plug in to your phone. It will charge your phone first when you plug your charger into the case and then the case battery.

Im just guessing that thats where all the microusb connectors and power source components are stored... probably doubles as a nice place to grip or something.
Really? What an idiotic way to do it. If they were smart, this would completely replace the stock battery + case. Sure, they'd need to have an antenna in there but that's incredibly cheap. This would allow it to be thinner and lighter-weight, or have more battery capacity in there. I thought that was the entire point of this case! *boggled*

·
Average Android
201 Posts
Agt Studly said:
you lose the kickstand thats a bummer
You don't totally lose the kickstand, check out the last pic on the site. It's actually a pretty neat implementation. Though personally I use kickstand more in portrait mode and that doesn't really look like it would be stable with that pic.

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Powerskin shipped today. When it arrives I'll post a full review.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Did you ever get your powerskin? I'm trying to decide between this and an extended battery but there are almost no reviews of the thunderbolt powerskin.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"cargo said:
Did you ever get your powerskin? I'm trying to decide between this and an extended battery but there are almost no reviews of the thunderbolt powerskin.
I hav both.. the power skin is ultra fat and looks like crap because it is so big.. the extended oem is fat but not too bad and still looks decent.. both supply lots of extra power. I would go with the oem extended because it looks much better.

·
Android Beginner
28 Posts
Here's what I suggest and what I do. Buy another standard battery or the slightly extended on that's same size and buy the charger for just the battery. The charger Verizon sells now for $5! Battery $39. Do the math. Carry another battery that takes 15 seconds to swap and u can still use any case, still use kick stand and still have 2x battery with the only exception of 15 seconds to swap. Or you could spend more $, lose the kickstand and have a dumb bulky looking for that costs more. Its not rocket science people! :)

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
dopediculous said:
Here's what I suggest and what I do. Buy another standard battery or the slightly extended on that's same size and buy the charger for just the battery. The charger Verizon sells now for $5! Battery $39. Do the math. Carry another battery that takes 15 seconds to swap and u can still use any case, still use kick stand and still have 2x battery with the only exception of 15 seconds to swap. Or you could spend more $, lose the kickstand and have a dumb bulky looking for that costs more. Its not rocket science people! :)
/agree

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts