Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just curious the pros and cons of every launcher. I want to know if I have missed something here. I have tried out most launchers and adw seems clearly dominant in the fact that it has amazing screen transitions (though other launchers do too) and an awesome reflection dock at the bottom which can be changed.

I just want to know what you guys use and why. Thank you.

Running aokp 20 - hulk theme with text soft key mod
adw ex darkedge.green theme with black reflective dock

Attachments

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
Nova is the best for ICS imo. Others are sluggish

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adw has never been sluggish unless I put a live wallpaper on. Other then that it has run very smooth for me. What is it about nova launcher that makes it so amazing? And what does it have that adw does not have? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adw has never been sluggish unless I put a live wallpaper on. Other then that it has run very smooth for me. What is it about nova launcher that makes it so amazing? And what does it have that adw does not have? Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nova for me is the best ICS launcher, as it gives the best of stock ICS with customization. Most people with the GNex I've found want vanilla android plus something a little special. That's what u get with NOVA. :D
Flowing through the ether, courtesy of my AOKP powered Gnex.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
NOVA!

·
Android Beginner
80 Posts
Definitely Nova Launcher for me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have a tough time with this. ONLY thing missing from nova, for me, is the "tablet" style transitions with the "fade side pages" option that Trebuchet has.

if Nova could incorporate this it would be perfect, bc the other customizations (grid size, margin size, etc) make the stock experience so much better

·
Developer
45 Posts
On sense rom I use the stock launcher especially like the one that the infected team modified they added some much needed stuff

On aosp I use go launcher

On ics right now and I'm using trebuchet which I like a lot I have nova as well but haven't played with it trebuchet I like too much right now

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

·
Android Apprentice
198 Posts
Nova is probably the best.

Apex is catching up fast though, especially since it now has swipe up/down gestures. Haven't played with it too much yet, but definitely cool so far.

·
Android Beginner
48 Posts
Nova is probably the best.

Apex is catching up fast though, especially since it now has swipe up/down gestures. Haven't played with it too much yet, but definitely cool so far.
uh oh, gestures on an ics launcher? deff gonna give adw ex a run for its money on my machines.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
uh oh, gestures on an ics launcher? deff gonna give adw ex a run for its money on my machines.
I'm confused. Adw has amazing transitions. It is very smooth. Has had gesture up and down this whole time (side note: I set my gesture down to screen off app which makes locking my phone bad ass haha) and it has the amazing reflection dock at the bottom. What makes other launchers better? I get that with nova people want the "vanilla experience" but I am still not seeing how other launchers beat out adw.

·
Average Android
293 Posts
Its preference. You obviously like fancy dock bars and window transitions. Others like my self like the stock experience. I like that Nova keeps the Widgets in the app drawer. Something I'm sure adw doesn't do.

·
Android Apprentice
154 Posts
No, ADW doesn't keep the widgets in the app drawers which i don't care for. well... i would be alright with it if it could be put into a list instead of having through flip through multiple screens. As a CON for ADW, it has less icon/widget real estate on the home screen. With the stock ICS launcher (or whatever is bundled with Redemption Rom), I can have the google search bar, a 4x2 beautiful widgets time/weather, and a 2x2 circle launcher just underneath.
Really (in my opinion), the stock ICS launchers (i'm referring to the stock launcher and all the other itterations of it) are just missing gestures (I miss that from ADW and Launcher Pro) and the ability to add widgets from the home screen. I never cared for themes or fancy transitions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its preference. You obviously like fancy dock bars and window transitions. Others like my self like the stock experience. I like that Nova keeps the Widgets in the app drawer. Something I'm sure adw doesn't do.

Yeah that is true about the widgets. That would be nice to have. And yes I love the fancy docks, thmes and transitions. I guess it is just preference.

·
Android Apprentice
198 Posts
No, ADW doesn't keep the widgets in the app drawers which i don't care for. well... i would be alright with it if it could be put into a list instead of having through flip through multiple screens. As a CON for ADW, it has less icon/widget real estate on the home screen. With the stock ICS launcher (or whatever is bundled with Redemption Rom), I can have the google search bar, a 4x2 beautiful widgets time/weather, and a 2x2 circle launcher just underneath.
Really (in my opinion), the stock ICS launchers (i'm referring to the stock launcher and all the other itterations of it) are just missing gestures (I miss that from ADW and Launcher Pro) and the ability to add widgets from the home screen. I never cared for themes or fancy transitions.
Apex Launcher has gestures and it is an ics launcher. That's (so far) the only thing it has over Nova IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts