Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
stalls said:
Hey jus wondering if anyone has had any problems with there /datadata folder being to full. It causes issues for force closing for google apps, browser, an the market. Maybe others as well.. Anyways is there a fix for this? I dont have that many apps only like 60 that includes system apps as well..

Im running CM7 with Glitch on a Mes.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
When /datadata fills up, things start to FC because this is where apps store their data. You can use diskusage (from the market) to find out which apps are taking up the most space. The easiest solution is to get rid of some apps, or you can try following this suggestion, but you'll be moving the data to slower memory.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
stalls said:
I got a 32g card an its no where near full... Also my internal storage is not near full as well 1.53gb total space an 1.3gb free..
/datadata is on the phone's internal memory, not the SD card. The partition should be only around 168MB. If you run "df -h /datadata" from a local terminal session, it will show you how much of that partition is free. For reference, mine is 155.8M used (93%) with 12.2M free.

The 1.3G/1.5G you referenced is probably the /data partition, not /datadata.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
scarmon25 said:
Is this effecting all builds of CM7 / MIUI? Or just certain ones. I just checked mine and have 80% free. I don't think I've had any issues with this at all and I'm running CM7 with Glitches kernel. Just makes me wonder.
From what I've gathered from reading, it's an AOSP issue that doesn't exist with TouchWiz ROMs because, in AOSP, /datadata has its own partition in faster memory instead of the /data folder that is in slower memory, like on TW ROMs. It's a performance issue. That's also why /datadata's partition is so small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts