Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
I hate creating threads knowing the information is somewhere here, but I for the life of me can not get WOSQI to work on my TP. I have Windows 7 to start. I have installed WOSQI about ten times, I know for sure I have the most recent version. I have installed/reinstalled novacom drivers, tried different USB ports, and am updated to the newest WebOS version on my TP. I have tried all the known walk-throughs, to no avail. WOSQI freezes whenever I try to do anything. It never gets to the point of recognizing my TP. My java is also current. In order to close the WOSQI I have to go in to my processes and close down java. Any help would be great!

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure where the problem lies at this point. Can't tell if maybe it is a java issue since it seems to be the WOSQI that hangs and not anything to do with the TP. I have tried the novacom drivers installed from different locations, updated to current java, restarted the computer 50 times, and AM IN dev mode on the TP. As soon as I click on any of the buttons in the WOSQI it freezes and will not recognize the TP. Again, any help will be great.

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Zaphod-Beeblebrox said:
Hate to waste a post with no info, but didn't want you think you were being ignored. I don't have much else to offer.

I might try checking the USB drivers for the touchpad? Check into the advanced and security settings of Java? I had a couple of corporate web-portals I needed to use for work that ran some Java apps that would constantly crash on certain java settings.
Under device settings it shows I have a WebOS device, so I think I am ok there. I didn't see what I should mess with in the Java settings, so I left it alone.

scifan said:
might be worth making sure you only have the "most current" version of Java installed... (meaning to go through and manually remove the old versions)
I did, but since you mentioned, I uninstalled java, and did a fresh install again.

phobos512 said:
Two things - (1) did you make sure to NOT set a password for dev mode? If you do, you have to doctor the device; and (2) have you tried doing it with the device in USB mode, which is to say holding down the power and volume-up buttons until you get the USB symbol?
No password was set in DEV mode, I kept it blank. Is holding the buttons down different than just hitting usb mode when you plug it in? I have not tried it with the USB symbol on the screen though, since all the walk throughs I was trying to follow said to ignore the USB pop up on the TP screen.

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should I doctor it and try fresh? I still feel more like it is a problem with the program and not the TP. Basically, as soon as I click anything in WOSQI it'll freeze after. If I hit the device drop down menu, it stays lit blue and freezes, after I push any button it freezes, after I click file or any other menu, it will open the menu, allow me to go in to options for example, and then freeze when I get out of that menu. Also, WOSQI will not open if I have the TP plugged in before hand, it will stay on the loading screen. Hopefully I am not forgetting anything that you can use to help.

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
USB is functioning correctly. I transferred some music just now. I will try another computer later, and if that doesn't work I will run Doctor and see if a fresh reboot and update helps at all. Thanks again so far.

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, so I fixed it. And instead of leaving it at that, like I have seen on other forums while looking for help, I will tell you how. Hopefully it will fix someone else's problem if they experience this. On with the show:

It was quite simple really. I went into Device Info > Reset Options > Full Erase. Make sure you have WebOS Doctor on hand just incase. Anyway, I restored, performed a backup, plugged it in, opened WOSQI and VOILA... it immediately recognized my TP! End of story, end of discussion! Thanks for the recommendations though for everyone that posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.