Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
RootzBoat Swashbuckler
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which xml file has the Verizon Wireless text in it so that I can change it.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
it's the eri.xml in the res/xml folder, but it doesn't actually say "Verizon Wireless". I saw a fix somewhere, just google the name of teh xml and thunderbolt, should be quick to find.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
yeah, sorry... at work and don't have access to everything, silly government! but i still have access to rootzwiki! :/

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
nice... if i were to try that, i'd have to start learning how to spell "job serch" see? right now i can't! Have no need! worst part is, i'm one of the network admins, lol.

·
RootzBoat Swashbuckler
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. And I know what you mean about government computers. It's pretty sad that even the 3G speed on my Tbolt is faster than looking stuff up on our crappy computers here.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
I only wish i could have my phone with me, but they're not allowed in my building :(

·
Car Lover
182 Posts
D3fault121 said:
Can anyone tell me which xml file has the Verizon Wireless text in it so that I can change it.
Two questions to help answer your question. Is the rom you're working with Sense or AOSP and Gingerbread or Froyo?

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
D3fault121 said:
Thanks for the info guys. And I know what you mean about government computers. It's pretty sad that even the 3G speed on my Tbolt is faster than looking stuff up on our crappy computers here.
I tunneled out because they blocked sites like StackOverflow, MSDN, and others that are kinda important as a .NET developer. I essentially couldn't get my job done (and it was BS that I was on-site anyways - I did not sign up for that and damn near left the contract because of it).

Stetsonaw said:
I only wish i could have my phone with me, but they're not allowed in my building :(
Ewww! That really sucks! I'd say that it's about time to get a new job anyways!

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Getting a new job soon, but same building, same office, lol... but a SIGnificant pay bump, so worth it.

·
RootzBoat Swashbuckler
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had off network computers that we would just tether to or I had a Clear USB WiMAX modem and we would use that. I work in medical SLA and somethings we needed were blocked on network.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Oh, we have commercial internet boxes (that's how i do most of my theming), but since i'm not working nights right now, there are eyes everywhere... and i actually have REAL work to do during the day, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts