Android OS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Yes, I'm sure I'm missing something very easy, but it's getting frustrating so I'm going to ask. I'm trying to pull the framework-res.apk, systemui.apk, and com.htc.resources.apk files from my wife's rooted Inc2 to cook her a theme. I can find them on her phone using astro, but when I hook to pc, it obviously only shows me the SD card. I tried using adb file explorer, but still couldn't get to the folders stored on phone's memory.

I even tried selecting the files while in astro and gmailing them to myself, but they weren't attached when I opened the email (even though it showed them attached before sending).

I know where the [email protected] files are, just not how to get them! :_con: It's frustrating lol :_con:

Someone please tell me how to get these dang files! Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
Framework-res.apk is found in /system/framework

Systemui.apk is found in /system/app

As for .com.htc resources.apk it might be in /system/app as well but idk as I only run AOSP.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I know where to find them on the phone; what's kicking my ass is downloading them from there to my computer to upload on UOT site. Any ideas there?

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
adb pull?

like this:

If on windows:
adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

If on ubuntu:
./adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
No problem, let me know how it goes.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, another stupid question . . . I haven't had to use adb in months, and can't remember what command to enter into command prompt (Windows) to get to where it will accept adb instructions.

·
Android Apprentice
205 Posts
Use root explorer copy the file and paste on root of SD then hook up the computer and you got it

BOLTED DOWN.....

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
DroidSales said:
Ok, another stupid question . . . I haven't had to use adb in months, and can't remember what command to enter into command prompt (Windows) to get to where it will accept adb instructions.
if adb isnt universal for you then you would need to cd the folder it is

ie

cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb pull

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got it with root explorer. Don't know why i was using astro instead. Also, good to remember how to get to adb command area.

Thanks for the replies and help; one thing i love about android is the way the community takes care of its own!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts