Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did unrevoked, but i'm not sure if I'm missing a step. Running radio 2.15.00.07.28

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Appologies for posting in the wrong thread. I'm still getting an error using Rom Manager to install anything. So, I don't know what could be wrong if I rooted it properly.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Believe it or not, I am familiar with doing everything manually, downloading the zip I want, moving it to my SD card, and then flashing it. I just like using Rom Manager because it generally installed things in a one-touch all-in-one type deal. I was simply trying to update to the latest CM7 nightlies build. I'm going to try out SR4.2...I love his work, and Athena is still the best rom I ever used. I'm kind of married to certain features of CM7 though, but I think SkyRaider incorped them into his Rom.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, I have full root. I just thought that the S-OFF was the one thing that's not really in your face noticeable.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hrm. I always do factory wipe / data/cache. Not sure about the boot partition. I'm pretty sure I do, though.

·
appul pls
411 Posts
poontab;34643[B said:
]The boot & system partition formats[/B] are necessary when going from *vastly* different ROMs like Sense anything to AOSP & can only be done through CWM's mount menu so you'd know if you'd done that.

2 ?s what CWM version are you on & this error you received is from RM or CWM?
Edit 1 more what rom are you on now?
Isn't that normally wiped when installing a new rom? I was a crack flasher when I had an INC and never had to manually format them, no matter what rom I was installing or coming from.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I've wiped every partition except boot. I won't touch that one at all. The computer technician in me just says "That feels like a bad idea", as does the logical part of me. Like others have said, check your bootloader (also known as hboot) screen. Power it on holding power+vol down (I'm sure you knew that, but sometimes a little reminder isn't a bad thing) and look at the top.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
^Boot partition = kernel. Feel free to wipe it you just won't be able to run android until you flash another ROM or Kernel.

OP disappeared so I assume he figured out. Coming from stock (or Sense to AOSP or vice versa) you need to format everything (system) before flashing a ROM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts