Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning on going to sprint from verizon before they throw unlimited out the window (and they will. according to a friend of mine who is a cell rep at radioshack str8 from her managers mouth. I dont know how credible that is but ill take her word for it because i dont know better) and amazon has the evo for a friggen penny but they also have the s3 for 99$ so im stuck with a big decision.(obviously the penny price is the better decision but if im going to be stuck with a phone for two years then a penny is pretty expensive) Ive been doing reaserch on both phones and their both great phones according to the internet. But i would like an opinion from an actual owner not someone that gets it for a week just to review it

any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6 Posts
im planning on going to sprint from verizon before they throw unlimited out the window (and they will. according to a friend of mine who is a cell rep at radioshack str8 from her managers mouth. I dont know how credible that is but ill take her word for it because i dont know better) and amazon has the evo for a friggen penny but they also have the s3 for 99$ so im stuck with a big decision.(obviously the penny price is the better decision but if im going to be stuck with a phone for two years then a penny is pretty expensive) Ive been doing reaserch on both phones and their both great phones according to the internet. But i would like an opinion from an actual owner not someone that gets it for a week just to review it

any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I'm loving mine. Development has been pretty good and the screen is beautiful! Also can't forget about the awesome kickstand :)

Sent from my Mean LTEVO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd go with the S3. Development for the LTEVO has been good but not as good as some phones. I still have my OG EVO 4G and that thing has CM10, unofficial but nevertheless CM10. The LTEVO, from research on XDA and RootzWiki, still doesn't have a CM9 ROM. I do this research because my friend has the phone and wants CM9/10 on his phone. The S3, even though it came out a month or so later, has CM10. The screen on both is incredible. Many reviewers have said that outdoors LTEVO is better, while indoors the S3 is better. And just throwing this out there, the GNex is still a good option if you want the best development possible. It's free at the moment with a 2 year contract.

But out of the LTEVO and S3, I'd go with the S3. The kick stand is a very good reason to go with the LTEVO though. It is hard to offer advice when you don't know what exactly someone wants. Even though I hate, absolutely hate, the S3 design, because of the lack of development on the LTEVO, the S3 is much more appealing. But I do dislike the LTEVO's design as well so...

Plus S3 seems to have better out of the box features. 2 GB of Ram. Equally capable processor (better at times). And TouchWiz might actually be better than Sense although that is very much debatable. I feel the kick stand is only useful when you have a flat surface. And at times you are just sitting on a chair with nothing to put your phone on.

The choice is your. These are just my thoughts. I am actually waiting, with my 3 year old OG EVO 4G, for the next Nexus device to come around so I can get Key Lime Pie and what ever is next when it comes out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the EVO, but HTC has really let me down with this phone. Who develops a smart phone and totally breaks multitasking?!? If I could do it all over again, I'd go Nexus and stay away from phones/manufacturers that still feel it necessary to ruin a perfectly awesome OS with their crap UI! My only hope now is for an AOKP/AOSP ROM that takes Sense completely outta the picture. I will say this, though, the screen is nothing short of amazing and the camera is awesome for a cell camera! Continuous shot mode, the ability to capture still pics out of video recordings and slo-mo video capture! Best camera I've ever used on a phone, fo sho! The other big downer is limited to no LTE coverage anywhere. I live in Austin, TX and there is no LTE in sight, but Waco's getting it!??! It's supposedly rolled out in Houston too, but I drove through Houston a few weeks ago and so no evidence of LTE connectivity. So, Houston may have it but it seem to be confined to a very small/targeted area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had the S3 since Sunday and I like it but I don't love it. I'm thinking of returning it and getting the Evo. I was really torn between the two but got the S3 only because of the 2Gb of ram. While it sounds good on paper, it really doesn't seem that much faster than my Galaxy Nexus I had before. I'm not saying the Evo will be faster although if you're into benchmarks several sites show it is better. I liked the look of the Evo better. There's not much development on this site and xda for the Evo as it is for other phones which makes me wonder if I switch will I be stuck with a device no one wants to dev for a year down the road. Hope you get the phone you really want!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts