Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Ninja
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Android SDK installed, but when I try to download the tools needed for ADB, my PC can never get to the Repository via the SDK Manager to download them. I've tried every way possible to fix the connection issues.I know I'm having this problem because of "work PC" related security.

I want ADB installed because it takes time to flash ROMs. So I do it on my lunch. I want to use APK manager to update my framework and SystemUI apks after flashing. But obviously, I can't use APK Manager without ADB.

So if anyone knows how I can install ADB via a method that DOES NOT require downloading through SDK Manager, I'd appreciate it.

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
Download the correct android platform (for the version of android you're using) and platform-tools from the repository at home or from somewhere that allows you to do so. after that, burn it to a dvd or stick and transfer it to ur work pc. If you can't do that, let me know what platform or whatever it is you need and I'll see if i can upload it for you. it all just depends on the size of the file... haven't really looked into that.

EDIT: I'm, "suffering" from insomnia. Here's android platform 10 (2.3 gingerbread) & the platform-tools folder, which includes adb... Hopefully this helps. just place inside the android-10 platform in C:\android-sdk\platforms\ and place the platform-tools folder in C:\android-sdk\

I compressed the snot out of these, so use 7-zip to extract.

DOWNLOAD:
ANDROID-10
PLATFORM-TOOLS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.