Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Snow02 said:
The problem is the X uses a different bootloader solution. Work on those phones isn't applicable.
Holy crap! you're probably right as the X was one of the first locked down Moto phones and wasn't designed to be eventually unlocked. My work may have been all for nothing guys :(. BUT maybe not as Kenneth from the Bionic unlock project has agreed to look at the file I uploaded. We shall all wait and see ;)

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
hoodlum47 said:
Holy crap! you're probably right as the X was one of the first locked down Moto phones and wasn't designed to be eventually unlocked. My work may have been all for nothing guys :(. BUT maybe not as Kenneth from the Bionic unlock project has agreed to look at the file I uploaded. We shall all wait and see ;)
Yeah. Not trying to discourage you. But we'd either need a leaked update from moto that includes an unlocked bootloader, or their signing key. It doesn't hurt to keep looking. You never know.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
"linuxtrance said:
It installed. Updated corectly to .605. Don't have much time to play right now. I'll give everybody an update tonight!
Does it atleast still have the same bootloader as .602 so we can sbf back to .602?

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh yeah another thing, I can't try these myself because I'm missing the stock music app. If somebody would be so kind enough to pull music.apk and.odex from /system/app running .602 and upload it for me I would be sooo grateful so that I don't have to sbf again >_<

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
linuxtrance said:
It installed. Updated corectly to .605. Don't have much time to play right now. I'll give everybody an update tonight! Edit: still bootloader 30.04.
Cool. Would you try the D3 root method?

·
Android Lover
1,260 Posts
hoodlum47 said:
Oh yeah another thing, I can't try these myself because I'm missing the stock music app. If somebody would be so kind enough to pull music.apk and.odex from /system/app running .602 and upload it for me I would be sooo grateful so that I don't have to sbf again >_<
Yeah. One sec.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just got a report back from Kenneth, as far as the bootloader goes nothing is new so it flashes fine and can be reverted, but that is why I'm scanning ALL of the servers.

·
Linux Dude
138 Posts
Other than it being on a different kernel, it seems there isn't much to see here. This actually feels a bit slower than .602. Props to Hoodlum47 for the leak, much luck finding some more goodies!

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
Stupid question here but isn't 605 the next update that vzw was gonna release because of some problems with 602? I thought I read that somewhere anyway.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts