Android OS Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
hoodlum47 said:
I'm unsure about that because this seems to be different than what I pulled from the servers. What I pulled was 8MB this is 113MB so its either a complete build to make it more stable or the same build with a reworked system to patch the latest root exploit.
You are probably right, cause it seemed very buggy.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
anrichardson said:
It seems an awfully big file just to fix the keyboard, if you ask me. But like you said it was a buggy build.
I just found the reason for that, the post is mixed up. VZW's site says the update goes up to 113MB depending on what version your on, plus the images posted still shows it as 8MB in size. Looks like Moto is taking a step backwards stability-wise, it patches a bug I've never even heard of.

·
Android Addict
546 Posts
"hoodlum47 said:
I just found the reason for that, the post is mixed up. VZW's site says the update goes up to 113MB depending on what version your on, plus the images posted still shows it as 8MB in size. Looks like Moto is taking a step backwards stability-wise, it patches a bug I've never even heard of.
The one thing I didnt do was a factory reset after installing. But it shouldn't matter either. Nobody is going to want to factory reset after doing an update.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
anrichardson said:
The one thing I didnt do was a factory reset after installing. But it shouldn't matter either. Nobody is going to want to factory reset after doing an update.
Exactly. Plus this is a perfect example of Moto not giving 2 sh*ts about their older phones, they put no effort into this "bug-fixer."

61 - 72 of 72 Posts