Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
love the gb based roms like omfgb and jt's vanilla and of course cm7. i just dont like the aosp camera. lacks hi res wide screen for instance.

anyway...is there a way to install the stock fascinate camera app in any of these gb based roms?

thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
475 Posts
You need to be on a TW based ROM or it won't work. I have no idea if there are any workarounds or what would be needed to make a TW app work. You could try one of the numerous camera Apps and see if they offer those features.

It has more to do with AOSP vs TW than just gb

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KeithN said:
You need to be on a TW based ROM or it won't work. I have no idea if there are any workarounds or what would be needed to make a TW app work. You could try one of the numerous camera Apps and see if they offer those features.

It has more to do with AOSP vs TW than just gb
thanks keith. that makes sense. yes ive looked at some other cameras. theyre not too bad. bout 10 bucks.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I like Camera Zoom FX, has some good UI features that are better than Samsung. Missing some Samsung options though

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
87wrangler said:
Is it possible to use the MIUI camera on VGB?
Don't see why not. Both ROMs use the same base. If you can use it on CM7, you should be able to use it on VGB.

Tapatalk'd

·
Android Apprentice
329 Posts
"sbrissen said:
just got the tw cam going on PoolParty (vanilla aosp) needs some work still. shouldn't take much more to get it completely working.
Sweet. Now the only thing i'll come close to missing about TW is the alarm clock... You, sbrissen, are the man.

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
sbrissen said:
just got the tw cam going on PoolParty (vanilla aosp) needs some work still. shouldn't take much more to get it completely working.
omfg you are my hero
Come see me in #samsung-fascinate for your prize!

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"Mellen_hed said:
Sweet. Now the only thing i'll come close to missing about TW is the alarm clock... You, sbrissen, are the man.
Alarm Clock Xtreme Free is an awesome alarm clock. Many great features. I haven't used the stock alarm clock on TW for a very long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts