Android OS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I hate about flashing new roms all the time is redoing my accounts, so it is...er..."safe" to use TB to backup my accounts and then restore them after a new rom? Thanks in advance.

·
Average Android
201 Posts
I tried once on my Eris, many versions of TB ago. I had mixed results, there were no problems, it just didn't work for all my accounts, but I don't remember which. I'd make a TB backup, may a TB install zip, reboot into recovery, make a nandroid backup, then wipe everything, flash the TB zip, boot, skip account setups and try restoring them. I may test myself come Sunday, buy I'm headed to bed at 6am and plan to relive today on the morrow.

·
Average Android
201 Posts
Just verified from CleanROM to warmTwoPointThree TB can backup and restore accounts. I needed to reboot after the restore, then go into settings -> accounts and syncs and reselect everything to sync, but it's easier than my passwords.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
USSENTERNCC1701E said:
Just verified from CleanROM to warmTwoPointThree TB can backup and restore accounts. I needed to reboot after the restore, then go into settings -> accounts and syncs and reselect everything to sync, but it's easier than my passwords.
Awesome. This is just what I needed to know. Tried it without reboot and figured it wasn't working. lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts