Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a lot of stuff about different roms. It seems that at the end of the day the speed and battery life are people's main concern. And there is always someone throwing around a quadrant score.

I have observed that the only difference in performance between cm7 or cm based roms and run of the mill gb roms (as scored by quadrant) is the lack of lag in the database writes.

So is it really a good comparison or "apples and oranges"?
I already lean towards the latter but am interested in what you all have to say.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
hmm well..i was on liberty for awhile never ran a quadrant. and then moved to cm7. and also have never run a quadrant....while i can seriously say that cm7 is faster for me. battery life is deff worse on cm7 than it is on liberty. so if u need battery life go liberty and if u need speed go cm7...i honestly always have a charger around me so i dont need to worry about the battery issue. but others will tell u differently.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"SyNiK4L said:
hmm well..i was on liberty for awhile never ran a quadrant. and then moved to cm7. and also have never run a quadrant....while i can seriously say that cm7 is faster for me. battery life is deff worse on cm7 than it is on liberty. so if u need battery life go liberty and if u need speed go cm7...i honestly always have a charger around me so i dont need to worry about the battery issue. but others will tell u differently.
I love to cruise the forums and read about everybody telling each other differently. Lol

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
But, it serves as proof that Quadrant is unreliable and can easily be "fooled" by cheats and such.
On a side note, VoidedSaint, good to see you over here! Welcome. I recognize you from AndroidForums.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.