Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Digital Jedi
Joined
·
347 Posts
Quadrant scores mean next to nothing. But, in running a quick bench (clock rates at 368 MHz - 1804 MHz | Smartass), I grab 3294. Again though, benchmarks in customized devices don't really tell you much that's useful.

All the best,

-HG
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh I'm at work bored I'm just trying to pass time. But dont you mean 1887 GHz?Cox if you do. Damn! My phone wont turn on past 1.5
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
36 Posts
on AOSP roms 3000+ is easy enough with simple 1700-1800ish overclocking. Sense Gingerbread roms 2000ish (give or take a couple hunded) and Froyo sense I've gotten up to about 2600-2800.


I've seen ZERO difference in real world performance. Matter of fact my Tbolt rather it was on perfect storm, gingeritis 3D, CM7 or Liquid Thundersense (each with kernel and overclocking speed of choice) pretty much all performed the same meaning close enough for me not to note any real difference in opening and running apps and games.
 

·
Digital Jedi
Joined
·
347 Posts
villae81 said:
Uh I'm at work bored I'm just trying to pass time. But dont you mean 1887 GHz?Cox if you do. Damn! My phone wont turn on past 1.5
No, I mean MHz, that would be 1.804 GHz, but 1804 GHz doesn't exist in the world of computing, as that would actually get into the Terahertz range. Wikipedia actually has a great article on the Hertz scale last I checked if you want to read up on it.

All the best,

-HG
 

·
Digital Jedi
Joined
·
347 Posts
stanlalee said:
I've seen ZERO difference in real world performance. Matter of fact my Tbolt rather it was on perfect storm, gingeritis 3D, CM7 or Liquid Thundersense (each with kernel and overclocking speed of choice) pretty much all performed the same meaning close enough for me not to note any real difference in opening and running apps and games.
Yeah, Quadrant scores mean nothing. Cyanogen wrote an article a while ago getting something like 3500 - 4000+ scores on CM6.1.2 because of one virtual customization that he made. But that customization only makes the ROM perform well on benchmarks, noticeable real-world impacts were null. Quadrant/Linpack are great for figuring out which devices manage their hardware best out-of-the-box, but beyond that, they aren't really worth while. And when companies start getting to the point of manufacturing for benchmarks like some major CPU companies out there in the desktop world, benchmarks will never mean a thing again.

All the best,

-HG
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
556 Posts
i can get 2500 on CM7 all day long at 1.4ghz.
as for sense, i just ran my skyrader 2.1 hybrid ROM and got 1062 at 1ghz. pretty poor.
can i tell a difference in real world performance? no, not really. going through the settings menu seems slightly faster on CM7, but opening apps, and smoothness seem just about even.
 

·
Android Addict
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"HalosGhost said:
No, I mean MHz, that would be 1.804 GHz, but 1804 GHz doesn't exist in the world of computing, as that would actually get into the Terahertz range. Wikipedia actually has a great article on the Hertz scale last I checked if you want to read up on it.

All the best,

-HG
My fault I meant to put a period after the one I was in a hurry when I was reponding
 

·
Digital Jedi
Joined
·
347 Posts
ericatomars23 said:
View attachment 2033

I think I have a problem here :-(
I don't really think so. It looks like your running a Sense ROM, and largely due to the fact that there is less running in an AOSP ROM, it will perform better (both on benchmarks and in the wild). But again, these don't mean anything. If you don't notice lag on your device, then don't worry about it. If you are really worried about it, flash CM7 or OM(F)GB.

villae81 said:
My fault I meant to put a period after the one I was in a hurry when I was reponding
Haha, no big deal. And yeah, but my device gets finnicky pretty quickly after I get above 1850 MHz even though KangBang supports up to 2036 MHz, I just leave it at 358-1024 most of the time, I don't need much more than that.

All the best,

-HG
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top