Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused on the wiping of Battery Stats. On some post it says to discharge completely and wipe stats. Then do a full charge overnight. On the Cymod wiki it says to charge full and wipe stats. then full discharge and recharge. Can someone help me with the proper steps to get my battery functioning properly. I'm on CM7 and when I flash between two different kernels my battery percentage is all over the place. thanks in advance

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
I would do a full charge then wipe stats and then discharge the handset. You can also get a battery calibration app to wipe the stats which helps.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
I always do a full charge, wipe, run it down to 0% and leave it dead for at least 2-3 hours, then recharge it to 100% fully and leave it there for 2-3 hours to ensure it's fully charged. Try that and see how that goes.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
What most people said. My procedure:

1. Wipe battery stats
  2. Pull battery
  3. Put in battery that charged overnight in my external charger
  4. Drain until I can't get it to even think about flashing an LED at me
  5. Put in battery that charged all day in my external charger

So moral of the story is that once you wipe, you want completely full battery that's as full as possible (NOT 98% full). Once you have that in there, kill that battery without ever charging. When it's finally dead, don't let your phone be on again until you have your battery back to completely full (again, not 98%). It's MUCH MUCH easier to do if you have an external charger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts