Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to ask....so sorry if this is newb question....but why is 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 able to be rooted for nexus line but not us? I understand the whole unlocked boot loader part in the nexus but it appears that gb itself is rootable for them.

Can't we use same exploit or at least use it as a base to obtain root for us?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
nerdslogic said:
I have to ask....so sorry if this is newb question....but why is 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 able to be rooted for nexus line but not us? I understand the whole unlocked boot loader part in the nexus but it appears that gb itself is rootable for them.

Can't we use same exploit or at least use it as a base to obtain root for us?

Moto patched the exploits probably. I would assume they had to be patched before it could get cleared to be released.

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm....I had to ask as the nexus just got 2.3.5 and they can root that just like 2.3.3 and 2.3.4....leads me to believe there is an exploit still open

·
THAT guy...
146 Posts
I believe they obtain root on the nexus the same way they do on the xoom and do it through the kernel. Now if thats the case then the D3 won't see root until its unlocked OR another way is found and unfortunately that way just wouldn't work yet.

·
Themer
282 Posts
"carbanm said:
I tried to root as listed http://androidforums.com/galaxy-mini-s5570-all-things-root/376035-gingerbread-users-rooting-android-2-3-4-gingerbread.html here, and no luck whatsoever. it just errors upon trying to install the unsigned update.zip.

It looks like samsung hasn't locked the update protocol in the same way that motorola has. I do hope this phone gets root soon, though, as it's an excellent phone!
You can't flash anything that isn't signed by Moto. That's the problem.

~Transmitted via D3 using RootzWiki Donate~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.