Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Developer in progress.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked and looked and LOOKED, and can't seem to come across the MIUI thunderbolt ROM. Whats going on with it??? Anyone know???

·
Average Android
421 Posts
long story short, developer got pissed of at a bunch of drama in the thread and closed it. You can go to droidvicious.com or xda where thunderstick is trying to build a new version with help of DV

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
long story short, developer got pissed of at a bunch of drama in the thread and closed it. You can go to droidvicious.com or xda where thunderstick is trying to build a new version with help of DV
Actually, as far as I know, Thunderstick was the main reason he quit posting it on the main forums (because he kanged his work without asking). So the fact that he's helping him now is not happening as far as I know. I haven't asked DV about it yet, but I doubt he's helping Thunderstick unless Thunderstick somehow made amends with him. DV is still posting updates to miui on his own forum now or whatever though. I think he left a twitter message about it not too long ago. Just search for his twitter.

·
Supporting Member
433 Posts
Actually, as far as I know, Thunderstick was the main reason he quit posting it on the main forums (because he kanged his work without asking). So the fact that he's helping him now is not happening as far as I know. I haven't asked DV about it yet, but I doubt he's helping Thunderstick unless Thunderstick somehow made amends with him. DV is still posting updates to miui on his own forum now or whatever though. I think he left a twitter message about it not too long ago. Just search for his twitter.
To all, I'm going to work with Thunderstick TBolt so he can hopefully do the GB weekly's for the Bolt, then me hoperfully do the full ICS V4 -- Paullie_Vicious (@Paullie_Vicious)

I don't think there's much bad blood there, it was mostly peoples reactions and comments that did it, not trying to start anything just clarifying

Sent from my ADR6400L using RootzWiki

·
Android Beginner
65 Posts
I don't see why the project would be hard to pick up with help from DV. In November we had a current MIUI with data and nothing has happened since for the Bolt.

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
I don't see why the project would be hard to pick up with help from DV. In November we had a current MIUI with data and nothing has happened since for the Bolt.
Quoting Thunderstick "This is a port from the Droid Incredible 2 build downloaded from the MIUI.US website." He wanted to build one from a different source because of whatever happened (I tend to start ignoring threads when drama happens so I have no idea what went down nor do I care) hence why data is now not working.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
DV's MIUI builds, from my time of helping out getting it to work, was based off of the HTC Desire HD, which is imho, closer to the thunderbolt than the Incredible 2 in terms of the drivers. The screen size difference on the Inc2 makes a *huge* difference in getting things working and it's not the same size.

Also, cyanogen for the thunderbolt was based off the Desire as well and being able to look at that for what needs to be fixed also makes a huge difference.

I have no interest in helping with MIUI any longer, but I just thought I would share my knowledge on what would be easier to do.

·
Android Beginner
65 Posts
DV's MIUI builds, from my time of helping out getting it to work, was based off of the HTC Desire HD, which is imho, closer to the thunderbolt than the Incredible 2 in terms of the drivers. The screen size difference on the Inc2 makes a *huge* difference in getting things working and it's not the same size.

Also, cyanogen for the thunderbolt was based off the Desire as well and being able to look at that for what needs to be fixed also makes a huge difference.

I have no interest in helping with MIUI any longer, but I just thought I would share my knowledge on what would be easier to do.
Agreed on both counts. Cant stand the drama and have really lost interest all together. I'm setting my sights on the next phone with large support, which for me may be a quad core nexus.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
http://forum.xda-dev...82&postcount=37

just adding to the DV helping ThunderStick part
Interesting. Glad they worked things out kind of.

I got a nexus last week and glad to be off a phone controlled by a third party to android (htc).

Still follow the thunderbolt forums though.

google approved phone > every other android phone (just to me at least)

·
Average Android
421 Posts
Interesting. Glad they worked things out kind of.

I got a nexus last week and glad to be off a phone controlled by a third party to android (htc).

Still follow the thunderbolt forums though.

google approved phone > every other android phone (just to me at least)
I agree I am on nexus now as well and man ics is a delight

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Developer in progress.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I hope to see DV push the development for the tbolt. i really would like to try out MIUI.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Really guys? Can you new guys start checking the forums before posting questions
You mean read them all? Cause that's kind of crazy, I think the OP is a perfectly good question and one that I too would like to know since I'm looking for it myself.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
That was the equivalent to showing up in times square in the middle of summer for the new year's party.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts