Android OS Forum banner
721 - 735 of 735 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Just to start off, I'm a newbie and for some reason nothing is working for me. When I'm in fastboot, and I try to connect my usb it still says connect usb and not usb connected. It won't recognize it and I've tried 2 different computers and also 2 different usb cords. What do I do? My phone is in the boot loop after trying to flash a new rom, something went wrong... please someone help me.

· Flash Addict
950 Posts
Just to start off, I'm a newbie and for some reason nothing is working for me. When I'm in fastboot, and I try to connect my usb it still says connect usb and not usb connected. It won't recognize it and I've tried 2 different computers and also 2 different usb cords. What do I do? My phone is in the boot loop after trying to flash a new rom, something went wrong... please someone help me.
Pm me if you are still having issues and I can walk you through it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki

· Flash Addict
950 Posts
Since the 902 fxz file is out I was wondering if anyone has found a method to root it using R3L3AsDroot or any of the other adaptations?

· Registered
91 Posts
Are you using a Verizon branded USB cable. The bionic won't connect to your computer with a non-verizon USB cable. This is how Verizon and Motorola ensure that users buy expensive chargers from Verizon. You can still charge with a non branded cord, but its not supposed to connect to your computer for moving files by design.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

· Flash Addict
950 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
Thank you will do :) just always looking for a backup plan incase my flashing gets me in trouble

I *HIGHLY* recommend that people keep the 902 FXZ and RSDLite 5.6 on hand. The reason is that CellZealot pointed out that the FXZ for 902 is fully signed. This means you can always get back to 902 using that FXZ no matter how badly you screw it up. :D And since we have motofail to directly root 902, well, you can see that we have a new baseline and how awesome that is. Thanks to CellZealot for pointing this out!

· Registered
43 Posts
I came from eclipse 2.0 5.7.893..I used this, option 1, and got OTA's to 5.9.902.. kept root through the updates..worked great..awesome
Just tried this same thing. I used MotoRooter for Linux, and it put me on 886 apparently. I intended to take the 902 update but it's trying to put me on 893 and the update fails about 30% through. I haven't tried to restore my eclipse rom, but I might. Any quick ideas before I do that? I just want to get to 902.

· Registered
3 Posts
I hope this ios the place for this. I have a Bionic I recently tried to use release root/forever root to take back to stock. FWIW that is what I used to root the phone in the first place (from the links in the OP). It has always had an issue with dropping data signal. You have to remove the SIM card, power up, wait to be told you have to have a SIM card, replace the SIM and reboot. Verizon service has reset the SIM OTA several times, and even sent me a new SIM card. I was just going to take it in to see if I could wrangle a replacement phone, so I tried to go back to stock first. Somewhere there was a failure and now when the phone is powered off, I get the Fastboot screen when I press the power button. I have to hold the volume up/down and power buttons to get to the fastboot screen whit normal powerup as an option and use that to reboot the phone. It powers up and works just fine. I lost the Theory ROM in the process and am evidently on stock rooted ROM. I can't get to recovery either. As far as I can determine I followed the return st stock procedure correctly...at least I tried to
. However here I am. Anyway to either re-root, or get back to stock so I can re-root oe just see if I can get the phone replaced? This is not a real big issue as I am quite likely to just get a Google Galaxy cdma Nexus in a couple of months...nevertheless I'd like to get this fixed. Thanks.

· Registered
3 Posts
Please Help I have been looking for a solution and every link for this fix is no longer working. Can somone please provide me or send me the R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 zip file.

I recently tryed to FXZ from .866 to .902 to update to .905 but I have bricked my phone and I am stucked in fastboot. Here is a screen shot.

721 - 735 of 735 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.