Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang I hate these stupid things, its 10 bucks for a box of 3. First The stupid micro fiber cloth DOES leave fibers on the screen. SO you need to have a air can present to blow it off. Second, you have to put the screen protector on literally right over it. Just moving it through the air or a slight wave gets particles caught on the screen protector you cant see until you place it on. Lastly alignment. I can never get these dang things strait. :angry:

I think I'm gonna head to the mall and have them install the Zagg Invishield. :erm (1):

Ok, Im better now. lol :tongue2:

·
Average Android
97 Posts
From my understanding gorilla glass can scratch. It's harder to break tho. I use screen protector anyway, don't wanna mess up my $600 toy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
I ate my in-laws...
573 Posts
I personally use them for games. With oils from your skin and such screens tend to get "grippy" unless you clean them every 10 minutes. Screen protectors keep it so that it doesn't get that way for me.

·
Nexus 5
1,833 Posts
I have an OG Droid, Droid X and now Bionic all without screen protectors. All screens are still flawless! The OG Droid looks like it's been to war, but the glass is perfect. Plus when you put the phone in your pocket most fingerprints wipe off

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
Invisible shield, perfect.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Zagg Screen Protectors go on with fine liquid spray solution, easy to position and reposition and will last at least a year if not more. You can also do custom skins with your own graphics.

Zagg.com

·
433 Posts
beehiveblack said:
Gorilla Glass = no screen protector.

Same with my OG Droid... 2 years, not a mark on it.
I don't use them to protect the screen from scratches, anti fingerprint = <3

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have scratched Gorilla glass before on several phones, I just cant stand the screen protectors because you can never get them on perfectly or have em free of debris. I think I will head to the mall tomorrow and get the Zagg put back on.

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, but it was because I accidently placed my keys in the same pocket with my phone and started riding my motorcycle.

I admit its tough as nails stuff, but it is possible...

Main point was the rant, DANG SCREEN PROTECTORS HARD AS HECK TO PUT ON. :tongue3:

·
Warning: Low Battery
529 Posts
cstrife999 said:
I personally use them for games. With oils from your skin and such screens tend to get "grippy" unless you clean them every 10 minutes. Screen protectors keep it so that it doesn't get that way for me.
Yea, I love that about the plastic screen protectors. I was hoping the Steinheil crystal clear is like that and that they'll make one cut for the Bionic

·
Supporting Member
584 Posts
I gotta go with Zagg. You can barely tell mine is on and if there is a problem and you register on their site, you get lifetime replacements free of charge. You just request one and you're all set. I had one on my X and now my Bionic...just the front though. I think covering the whole phone is a bit much.

·
Banned
722 Posts
ddemlong said:
Dang I hate these stupid things, its 10 bucks for a box of 3. First The stupid micro fiber cloth DOES leave fibers on the screen. SO you need to have a air can present to blow it off. Second, you have to put the screen protector on literally right over it. Just moving it through the air or a slight wave gets particles caught on the screen protector you cant see until you place it on. Lastly alignment. I can never get these dang things strait. :angry:

I think I'm gonna head to the mall and have them install the Zagg Invishield. :erm (1):

Ok, Im better now. lol :tongue2:
Lol have not used one since my old Voyager. Right before I got my droid2, I tried to scratch the screen with a pocket knife. Didn't happen. Saved me 24 bucks so far. I did drop my droid 2 face down and let it skin on the pavement - no damage whatsoever. Buy into that crap if you want, but just know it's free money for VZ. Much like how Autozone tries to sell the $1 dielectric grease for headlight bulbs to prevent overheating. Its $1 a gallon and only waterproofs, it's not heat resistant at all.

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dang, day 4 and I found a dead pixel/ group about center top of the screen. Well thanks goodness for warranties.

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
You can use rain-x on the glass to prevent fingerprints. Just adding my two cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 37 Posts