Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Developer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you guys went to the touch based recovery. Call me old...or boring but I stayed on the cwr that koush graciously released for us.

We all know the problem with that was that you couldn't select an item even if it was as big as a house.

Fixed up the highlight skipping. I have pushed the changes to CM Gerrit so hopefully the one in RM will get updated soon. Until then...here you go.

I take no credit for writing CWR or anything silly like that. That all goes to koush. Just wanted you guys to have this until it gets officially released since it IS such an annoying bug.

Note: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone by flashing this. If something goes wrong, you probably did it wrong.

Instructions:
Download file
adb reboot bootloader (or however else you would like to get to fastboot)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Select reboot or reboot recovery, wherever you would like to go.

ClockWorkMod-recovery-5.5.0.4.img

·
Registered
47 Posts
on the touch version you can still use the volume rocker to scroll. I push the volume rocker and the onscreen button at the same time to scroll down with super speed

edit: I posted this to point out that in the touch version you could still use the volume rocker. It being a 'touch' version there is a chance that someone may have not tried, or that they were unaware that was a possibility so they never flashed. While that does not directly pertain to what xoomdev has put together here, I do feel that it added to the conversation as others before had also talked about the touch version. I will also add that the touch version, at least in my use, does not skip when using the volume rockers. Xoomdev, you yourself even imply that you know some of the people who open this thread have switched to touch recovery. I do not mean to distract from what you have put together here, just trying to be helpful and do not see why i should be called out as such.

·
PROUD MEMBER OF AXIOM FAMILY
119 Posts
EDIT: Thanks for this .... actually thought you had made this recovery w/o the all the many 'blank' spaces to scroll through to click to the actual 'option'

·
I play with lazers (literally)
513 Posts
nieeeeccceeee, just flashed this, looking good!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm new at this and the instructions are kind of confusing for me. Is there anyway that one of you can list down step by step instructions? I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you so much!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts