Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
So I spent the weekend working on some things, and one of them was trying to get CWM fixed up. I believe that I have all of the problems fixed, but I can only do so much testing on my own. The button mappings work, and I have been using this and similar versions (bugfixes and such added since then) for about a week now. I completely removed backup/restore as my attempt to get it to work properly didn't work, so I'm guessing something else is wrong with it than what I initially found and reported to Koush. I will try to keep this updated as updates come out for CWM as well. Flash with Odin/Heimdall

Button Mapping
Vol Up / Home - Go up
Vol Dn / Menu - Go Down
Back - Go Back
Power / Search - Select Item

[head]Flashing Tips[/head]
Use the rear USB Ports on your computer if possible, and without a USB extension cable.
When in Download mode with the battery out, put the battery back in and uncheck Auto-Reboot in Odin. When done flashing, remove the battery and USB cable, put the battery back in and reboot - credit to jami2976

[hide=Changelog]
Restore should now work

Using stock CWM Source
-> No more advanced options that aren't in stock CWM

More updates, hopefully fixed restore problem too.

Updated to the latest CWM Source
Backup/Restore has been added back
-Has had some successful testing, but no large scale testing or use so be careful for now
Odin dump function expanded

Initial release​
[/hide]
[hide=Known Issues]
Voodoo Lagfix status is not properly read from Recovery, use "adb mount" to verify your lagfix status.
CWM Getting over-written by stock recovery - Flash a custom kernel or delete /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
Failed to mount /sdcard error(s) - Perform the following commands with ADB:
Code:
adb shell<br />
umount /sdcard<br />
rm -f /sdcard<br />
mkdir /sdcard<br />
exit
Type each line in and press enter. Do not skip a line, or you may loose data
It seems to have worked for anyone that tested and had this issue.[/hide]

Download

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated the OP. Thank koush for putting a fix in place that appears to have fixed backup/restore.

·
Supporting Member
11 Posts
Thanks imnuts!!!!! Ive been waiting for this, will flash this afternoon!

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Thanks for the hard work! I will give it a flash this afternoon.

·
Android Apprentice
8 Posts
can i flash this even if i have a custom rom and kernel? I dont think it would mess anything up but i just wanted to make sure

thanks guys

·
Supporting Member
455 Posts
raptors524 said:
can i flash this even if i have a custom rom and kernel? I dont think it would mess anything up but i just wanted to make sure

thanks guys
Right. it won't effect your rom or kernel.

·
Android Apprentice
114 Posts
I cant restore system ...i get a error that it can't mount system when it tries to format. data restore works though

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
having the sd mount issue

in recovery and on adb on my mac

I get to the shell and then it does not recognize unmount command.

Can someone please give me an idiotproof help here? I'm really stuck.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
I'm on GummyCharged 1.8.5 with an older version of CWM plus the Voodoo fix.

Two questions.

1. Does it matter whether or not the voodoo fix is applied before flashing this?
2. Do I simply use ODIN to flash this newer version of CWM over the older version?

Probably stupid questions, but I'm coming from a Droid X and don't exactly have my Samsung Root/Flashing skills down yet.

I appreciate the help.

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
When i mount the SD-card it goes into some-kind of read-only mode from Recovery. I'm going to try and run those adb command and see if that fixes it.

·
Android Beastial
84 Posts
fmcfad01 said:
I'm on GummyCharged 1.8.5 with an older version of CWM plus the Voodoo fix.

Two questions.

1. Does it matter whether or not the voodoo fix is applied before flashing this?
2. Do I simply use ODIN to flash this newer version of CWM over the older version?

Probably stupid questions, but I'm coming from a Droid X and don't exactly have my Samsung Root/Flashing skills down yet.

I appreciate the help.
Someone please answer this,,,so i can flash this odin and it will update my cwm only? nothing gets wiped?

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to the Restore issue? When restoring a backup, an error of "failed to unmount /system" comes up. Can't restore the back up then. It happens when it starts the formatting system step. ??

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Suzook said:
I cant restore system ...i get a error that it can't mount system when it tries to format. data restore works though
^^ this.^^ but I believe it says can't unmount /system.
I tried to go in and unmount/system manually prior to running restore, but when I select it in menu, it doesn't change it.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
clumsyninja21 said:
Has anyone found a solution to the Restore issue? When restoring a backup, an error of "failed to unmount /system" comes up. Can't restore the back up then. It happens when it starts the formatting system step. ??
I was able to sort of work around this. The method I found will enable you to restore the data from the back up you made:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1112804&page=26 <--- Post # 258

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.