Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Running GummyCharged 2.0 with CWM v4.0.0.8 Did a backup with no problems and tried to do a restore to test it and I get this:

E: format_volume failed to unmount "/system"
Error while formatting /system

Any ideas what's going on?

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
"Halo said:
Running GummyCharged 2.0 with CWM v4.0.0.8 Did a backup with no problems and tried to do a restore to test it and I get this:

E: format_volume failed to unmount "/system"
Error while formatting /system

Any ideas what's going on?
Restore only works on the newest cwm(orange)

·
Average Android
432 Posts
Halo said:
Went ahead and flashed 4.0.1.4 and all is well now.
Is 4.0.1.4 the 8/17 update? I'm on 4.0.0.8 and when I tried to run a backup last night it wiped my system. Not knowing that restore was broken I then got the formatting /system error when I tried to restore and had to completely reflash from scratch. Ugh.

·
H.M.F.I.C.
289 Posts
Trav06 said:
Is 4.0.1.4 the 8/17 update? I'm on 4.0.0.8 and when I tried to run a backup last night it wiped my system. Not knowing that restore was broken I then got the formatting /system error when I tried to restore and had to completely reflash from scratch. Ugh.
Yes, 4.0.4.1 is the 8/17 update. I never had any issues with 4.0.0.8 doing backups or restores while running on Gummy 1.9.1. It just must not get along with 2.0. Either way, 4.0.1.4 is working fine for me now. Sucks that you got wiped :(

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
So what version is the latest CWM? Is Backup/Restore on the Droid Charge working or not in the latest CWM or is it still causing boot-loops?

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
Has anyone actually backed-up and restored their phone using this new version of CWM? Why I ask is that I'd like to do it but not particularly wanting to test it on my phone and running into a boot-loop.

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
Just did a backup on my phone and it worked great. No boot-loop.

I especially wanted to do that before I upgraded to a new version of iMoseyOn's kernel. ddemlong said that he had his phone crash hard and that he had to re-flash it but whether or not it was caused by kernel version 1.2.2, I have no idea. Good to know that I can backup my entire phone like this and not have to worry about whether or not I screw something up in the process of learning about this phone and what I can do with this ROM.

·
Consummate tinkerer
1,065 Posts
Thankfully I just did a backup yesterday, as I also just did a restore to "fix" an odd problem today. This afternoon I took out my phone to check my e-mail and after getting through the lockscreen I was greeted with a number of acore and google framework force closes. I was going to just leave it be so I could logcat it later, but then I needed to make a call - and couldn't (or text)... everything force closed. Rebooted, wiped cache/dalvik, still had the issue. Did the restore and I am back to happy phone again.

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
I'm glad I made a CWM backup on my brother's phone. I updated the phone's kernel to the newest 1.2.2 of iMoseyOn's kernel and it started boot-looping. I restored the backup and got back to a working phone and tried the kernel update again and that time it worked.

Maybe it was because I didn't clear the cache partition.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.