Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I was previously running this setup http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1121201 but had to restore my phone back to stock to do some testing at work. I made a backup before the reset. Well, after hours of monkeying around, I am not able to restore that backup. I've used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1111486 method to 'fix' my phone. then tried the previous method to get back to rooted EE4, subbing in the updated CWR. I try to restore from the backup, and everything seems to go well. When I reboot, it just sits on the SAMSUNG screen...forever. Any guess as to what I'm doing wrong?

Sleepless in Minneapolis.

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
So what have you done so far to try to root your Droid Charge? I need details on what you did so far so that I can see what you have done so far.

When you say you restored a backup, what was it a backup of? A backup of the rooted ROM? If so, did you wipe the partitions using CWM before doing the restore?

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
My backup/restore function doesn't work. Has this been a problem for anyone else? I start the command and then it gets to backing up data and doesn't progress. In fact it completely freezes does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Please let me know Thanks a lot

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
Backups can take quite a long time. The last backup I did on my phone took almost three minutes to complete.

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
Also if you are are the home screen and press and hold the power button, you will get the phone menu. You can reboot, shutdown, boot into download and recovery mode.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
I'm running the EP1W Debloated.tar.md5 file flashed with Odin3 v1.82. It is running great but I want to flash Clockworkmod Recovery so that I can backup my rom. The problem I'm havis is trying to put my phone into the download mode. When I press the vol up+home+power my phone boots into Android Recovery <3e>. How do I install CWM recovery? I need help!!!!!!

·
Supporting Member
47 Posts
"Tyrone30 said:
I'm running the EP1W Debloated.tar.md5 file flashed with Odin3 v1.82. It is running great but I want to flash Clockworkmod Recovery so that I can backup my rom. The problem I'm havis is trying to put my phone into the download mode. When I press the vol up+home+power my phone boots into Android Recovery <3e>. How do I install CWM recovery? I need help!!!!!!
Boot into download mode by holding volume down and turning the phone on. Flash with Odin.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
coreysr said:
When I install cwm via odin what boxes under options are check. They are auto reboot, f reset time and re partition?
Since I am assuming you are going to flash CWM in order to flash a custom ROM or perhaps just a custom kernel, leave f reset time checked and make sure re-partition and auto reboot are unchecked. This is because once the phone boots up and you are on a stock ROM with the stock kernel, the stock kernel will overwrite CWM with stock recovery. After you flash CWM, pull the usb cord from the phone, then boot straight to CWM by holding the volume up, power, and home buttons and releasing all three the moment you see the Samsung logo flash on the screen for the second time.

Reactions: superwrench1

·
Android Addict
1,186 Posts
Clockwork MOD version 4.0.1.4 has been good. Backup and restores work perfectly. I don't know how many times I've used that functionality but I know it's a lot since I've been playing with ROMs lately.

Here's a download link for it, you do have to UNZIP the file first before loading it to your phone via ODIN.

·
Average Android
286 Posts
"trparky said:
Clockwork MOD version 4.0.1.4 has been good. Backup and restores work perfectly. I don't know how many times I've used that functionality but I know it's a lot since I've been playing with ROMs lately.

Here's a download link for it, you do have to UNZIP the file first before loading it to your phone via ODIN.
I condone this :)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.