Android OS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dev and Samsung Leaker
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special thanks goes out to everyone who tested for us.
Also, make sure to thank @drhonk, without him, I probably would have given up a while ago.
Additional thanks to robbbbit for testing the final version, and to luckyduck69 who sent me his device to get this project going.

Here is CWM Final for the SGS4G.

You will still need to modify your stock recovery binary to be able to use CWM.
Kernel Devs can also compile CWM into their kernel by extracting the update.zip and building it into their initramfs.

To modify recovery:
download this file
http://www.multiupload.com/UW4R9NXSVO
and use root explorer, android commander or adb push the file to /system/bin
DO NOT delete the current one there, or rename any files.
Just overwrite it.

CWM Final
http://www.drhonk.com/kernel_release/sgs4g/update.zip
Place in the root of your SD. If you have a update.zip there already, delete it, and replace it with this one.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Thank you both for getting things rolling on our new phones. You have opened several doors.

·
Android Apprentice
16 Posts
I second that its great that the love and fun of developing that you guys would do all that you have done and you don't even own this phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey ima get to the point ,
i rooted my sgs4g sgh t959v tmoblie usa and i followed a couple of guides on how to get the recovery to work (
) but then i saw ur post and i decied to do ur since the one i follwed gave me some errors and frezzes when trying to install a rom so i replaced the update.zip and went and placed the recovery.bin in the system/bin but i forgat to rename the recovery.old like in the video and ur instructions say do not rename anything so now my phone is soft bricked? i think all it shows is the logo saying samsung tmbile bla bla and it stays on it forever i can get into download mod but dont know what to do after that i tried installing kies program thinge but it says plug phone in even thow my phone is in dl mode and its pluged to the comp and i have all the samsung drivers on my phone becouse i used superone click version 2. something so plz plz plz help i was trying to get the recovery to wrok so i can install roms on it maybe like ics or something all help is appretiated thx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts