Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
I know its a bit early to be having problems haha, but im in the CWM recovery, and apparently it seems like none of the keys are a select key... maybe its a one time bug, but i cannot select anything from any menus. the vol+ and - keys move up and down, and the rest just blaack out the screen or bring the screen back. any1 else having this problem?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
365 Posts
Thank you so much

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
311 Posts
"aamzalag said:
I know its a bit early to be having problems haha, but im in the CWM recovery, and apparently it seems like none of the keys are a select key... maybe its a one time bug, but i cannot select anything from any menus. the vol+ and - keys move up and down, and the rest just blaack out the screen or bring the screen back. any1 else having this problem?
Power button to select. :)
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
365 Posts
First nandroid is done...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
7 Posts
there is a bug where if u use the volume arrows to go up and down from the last menu item to shut off the back key, your power key will no longer be select. this causes you to need a battery pull to get the phone running again. so avoid it if possible guys
 

·
Themer
Joined
·
600 Posts
How do I install this as I have installed like any other apk and when i boot into recovery it just shows the exclamation point with a triangle?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
1,260 Posts
camblue said:
How do I install this as I have installed like any other apk and when i boot into recovery it just shows the exclamation point with a triangle?
Did you open the app? It's pretty self explanatory.
 

·
Perverted Android
Joined
·
407 Posts
camblue said:
How do I install this as I have installed like any other apk and when i boot into recovery it just shows the exclamation point with a triangle?
This might be a stupid question, but:

1) Your phone is rooted, right?
2) You gave bootstrapper SU permision, right?
 

·
Themer
Joined
·
600 Posts
yes and thank you all for not responding in a sarcastic tone to my dumb question I just did not go into the app after installing it LOL Long night of studying for mid terms!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
311 Posts
"aamzalag said:
there is a bug where if u use the volume arrows to go up and down from the last menu item to shut off the back key, your power key will no longer be select. this causes you to need a battery pull to get the phone running again. so avoid it if possible guys
Can you explain this a little better? What exactly are you doing? I can't duplicate this bug
 

·
Perverted Android
Joined
·
407 Posts
Thanks for giving us this gem cvpcs!

I'm creating my first backup as I type this. :D

Btw people, if you don't see the status bar move during a backup don't worry. It's working so just be patient.
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
26 Posts
so i already have cw installed and done with my first back up :) on a side note, i used the search button to select. menu and home works like the volume rocker, and the back button... well we know where that
takes you... back :)

thanks so much for this, no i have peace of mind!
 

·
Antidisestablishmentarianist
Joined
·
159 Posts
So glad to see CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5 on my phone! cvpcs rocks my world, as he has been doing since he took over being the maintainer for the CM7 releases for Sholes devics (aka my OG DROID)!
 

·
Average Android
Joined
·
192 Posts
I wonder how long it will be till there is an "official" Koush app with support out. I am kinda waiting for that. I am hoping that this doesn't require the whole "plug into wall charger" crud....god I hate that. I miss the days of the X where you didn't have to plug in for anything except charge.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
70 Posts
As always I'm amazed at the intuitiveness and dedication of the dev community. CVPS, will you be attending the Android bbq in Austin, TX? I would love to meet some of the great minds of this community. I live in Austin and am looking forward to attending this event.
 
1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Top