Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not everyone likes TWRP, and options are always good. So, I ported CWM to the VZW Note 2. It comes in two flavors, one flashed in recovery, the other flashed via Odin. Pick which ever you'd like and enjoy :) I'll also work on getting it moved to an official version then as well.

Download
Recovery Flash
Odin Flash

Known Issues
ADB isn't working in recovery, will work on fixing this then
External SD Card doesn't work if it is exFAT, FAT32 should be unaffected

Thanks
Koush for CWM source code
Team Hacksung and CyanogenMod for some stuff from the N7100 and the rest of the source code
sbrissen for his L900 work as another reference
The people that put their big boy pants on and tested it

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts
Thanks, you're right. I was waiting for Koush to compile recovery before I unlocked, rooted etc. I have been waiting for this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using RootzWiki

·
Carbon / Miui.us Developer
690 Posts
good shit i dont particularry like cwm, im a twrp guy myself but i know some die hard cwm fans will love it!

·
DXjunkie
98 Posts
Yep :) I'm one of those die hard fans! I paid for it back in the Droid X day, and I'm gonna get my moneys worth. ( Koush knows his stuff. It takes a "team" to take him on)
I tried twerp in my Xoom a while back; it looks nice...

Thanks imnuts!

·
DXjunkie
98 Posts
Hey imnuts, Please explain the loading/ flashing this via Odin for us noob's. I rooted with your "deodexted stock".tar using Odin. But how do I use Odin to flash CWM? Do I need to unlock the bootloader w/ Adam's method first? Or... ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey imnuts, Please explain the loading/ flashing this via Odin for us noob's. I rooted with your "deodexted stock".tar using Odin. But how do I use Odin to flash CWM? Do I need to unlock the bootloader w/ Adam's method first? Or... ?
You must be unlocked to flash custom recovery

·
DXjunkie
98 Posts
.... Crickets chirping on ROOTZ ...

Push 1 for English or stay on the line

"are you still there?"
"we're sorry you're having trouble; goodbye"

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts