Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Developer
37 Posts
Hello,

I have ported CWMR 5.0.2.8 to the Motoactv (F100) device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h><br />
/*<br />
* Your warranty is now void.<br />
*<br />
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,<br />
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please<br />
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM<br />
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if<br />
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.<br />
*/
The procedure for this is as follows. You MUST have working adb knowledge to use this and you must be able to restore using the available tool should any problems arise. This is considered an ALPHA release that may need additional work. I did not have access to the device during the port so all testing was done through TheEndGame7. THERE MAY BE ISSUES, you are warned.

1) Download this file: CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img
2) adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img /data/local/
3) adb shell (become root)
4) dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryA.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
5) exit adb from the device
6) adb reboot recovery (you should be in CWMR now)

The source for the device config is here. Please feel free to go wild with development on this because I do not have the device and likely won't be contributing much more except bug fixes. If you use this source, please give credit where it's due.

NOTE: there are missing images(known). This is because the ramdisk is EXTREMELY finicky on this device and it WILL NOT BOOT past 3.66mb in size. I trimmed out things that weren't needed in order to make this work. The basic functionality you need should be there. adb is also not functioning properly yet within recovery.

ramdisk config:
https://github.com/u...ola_F100_initrd

device config:
https://github.com/u...e_motorola_F100

credits:
koush for cwmr.
TheEndGame7 for being my testing guinea pig.
hashcode for some helpful insight.

·
Developer
37 Posts
Well, it was a bitch, but here is build 2, moving to Beta at this point in 'Moto red' by request of TEG.

There is 1 lingering issue: usb support in recovery. It is a bastard, going to really have to tear this thing apart to debug why. Right now, recovery can backup, restore, wipe, flash roms, etc. All the stuff you're used to working, now does. I fixed images by shrinking the kernel to fit more stuff in here. You should no longer get any weird image errors. I bumped you up to 5.0.2.8 source as well.

Flash this file the same as before via adb and dd.
CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img

adb push CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img /data/local/
adb shell
# dd if=/data/local/CWMR5x_F100_recoveryB.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk1p13
# exit
adb reboot recovery

Some additional notes I'd like to share that might help you as you mess with this device now that I've played with one.

1) NEVER use adb reboot bootloader for any reason. You get stuck in a shittily programmed loop of hell. The way out of this loop is by following these instructions:

a) hold START, POWER, VOL UP, VOL DOWN together for 10 seconds at least. You should see the screen flicker on and off twice.
b ) plug in the USB cable to turn device on
c) you should boot back to rom, if not, do it again. It's touchy.

2) The 'soft' reset is done by START + POWER for 5 seconds.

Enjoy. Source is updated. This will likely be the last update unless I get adb working.

Credits: koush for cwmr
TheEndGame7 for providing a device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts