Android OS Forum banner
381 - 400 of 416 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Heads up for Moto X users: I did some testing for Hashcode on my locked xt1060 (vzw Moto X) running 4.4 and can confirm safestrap is working just fine. Here's the deal, you must be on 4.4 rooted using jcase's latest method (the one that starts on 4.2.2) and be booted into WP off (recovery). Install the safestrap 3.65 apk, install the recovery and flash away. Successfully flashed Eclipse 2.0 to my stock slot last night with no issues (except it took like 10 minutes to flash lol) and am running it right now. Hope that clears up some of the confusion about 4.4 and safestrap at least for the Moto X. Sent from a White Moto Xposed
May I ask just to be sure: locked BL (1060) Moto X, rooted with jcase method, can use SS and install KK based roms ? You said you used the stock slot, Im sorta wondering where the actual stock rom resides or at least how to boot back to it, when toggling to and from roms like Eclipse (your reference). Btw I always loved Nitro's Eclipse roms for the Bionic, but didn't he always recommend 'bootstrap' ? Amyway this is good news for rooted Xusers. Android Rocks !

· The Lost Junglist
596 Posts
May I ask just to be sure: locked BL (1060) Moto X, rooted with jcase method, can use SS and install KK based roms ? You said you used the stock slot, Im sorta wondering where the actual stock rom resides or at least how to boot back to it, when toggling to and from roms like Eclipse (your reference). Btw I always loved Nitro's Eclipse roms for the Bionic, but didn't he always recommend 'bootstrap' ? Amyway this is good news for rooted Xusers. Android Rocks !
To be more clear, I used the latest jcase root method which on Verizon requires you to start the process on 4.2.2 (the camera fix ota) and end by taking the 4.4 ota and manually flashing the baseband and boot(I think) imgs and retaining root and the ability to boot to write protect off by booting to recovery. I then installed safestrap 3.65, installed the recovery, booted to TWRP, performed a factory reset with TWRP, flashed Eclipse 2.0 to my stock slot without creating any rom slots, waited for about 10 minutes for it to flash, then rebooted to recovery from TWRP and continued to the Android OS when prompted by safestrap.

Sent from a White Moto Xposed

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks remick for the in depth reply, however I had wanted to keep my stock rome and run Eclipse as a second (albeit possibly daily) driver. It sounds as if you were replacing your stock version, and I am wondering if I could just lay Eclipse or another custom rom in one of the other slots (as was the norm in times past). Again thanks and have a good holiday season.

· Android Apprentice
83 Posts
Thanks remick for the in depth reply, however I had wanted to keep my stock rome and run Eclipse as a second (albeit possibly daily) driver. It sounds as if you were replacing your stock version, and I am wondering if I could just lay Eclipse or another custom rom in one of the other slots (as was the norm in times past). Again thanks and have a good holiday season.
Did you ever try to put nitros ROM is a new slot and be able to keep the stock ROM as well?

Sent from my XT1060 using RootzWiki mobile app

· Registered
11 Posts
Had a weird glitch this morning. I woke up and my phone was frozen up. Rebooted it, and .. nothing. Rebooted again, "encryption failed"

Reboot to stock slot, whew, thats working. Do a manual reboot to safestrap recovery from there, and find out whats wrong.

Somehow my Slot 1 safestrap slot lost its data partition when i was sleeping. Its just gone. 0 mb registered. Tried to restore a backup to it? Nope, 0mb.

It all turned out ok, i rebuild the slot, giving 4gig instead of 3 this time, thinking it might have been a running out of space thing that borked it (overflow issue?) and restored and im back up and running, but that sure was strange.

· Android Beginner
7 Posts
Safestrap doesnt seem to be working for me. After i install it and open the app. It just sits on a blank screen forever. And if I try to press the menu button in the corner it says that app is not responding. Does anybody know whats going on?

· Registered
4 Posts
Safestrap doesnt seem to be working for me. After i install it and open the app. It just sits on a blank screen forever. And if I try to press the menu button in the corner it says that app is not responding. Does anybody know whats going on?
Are you running the current version of SafeStrap (version 3.65)? Did you ever have an earlier version of SafeStrap installed? If so it may have not been completely removed before installing the current version.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx (XT912, spyder) using TapaTalk.

· Registered
4 Posts
I downloaded 3.65. I havent used safestrap before. I installed the app and when i open the app its just a blank screen...
I'm assuming you rooted the phone before installing SS. Is that correct? If so, try installing Root Checker by Free Android Apps to confirm that the root exploit actually worked.

If you don't have root you will need to try rooting your phone again until you are successful. If you do have root then you may need to uninstall SS and then reinstall SS 3.65 again.

If you still have trouble you may need to flash back to stock ROM using Matt's utility (as I recall I had to do this before I was successful). See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192467. Note this version is for Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon network only (I.e. model XT912 aka spyder). Only use the options to flash stock ROM (data wipe is recommended) and to root the phone. Don't use the option to install SS since it installs an older version (unless the utility has been updated).

Once you have the phone rooted (confirmed with Root Checker) then you can manually download and install SS 3.65. You probably already have this, but if not there are more detailed instructions from the SS developer at http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4872-recovery-safestrap-recovery-v365-11152013-v365/

Once you have SS installed and running correctly I recommend creating a new ROM slot in slot 2 (you can try slot 1, but using slot 1 seems to create problems sometimes with cm11; slot 1 is recommended for cm10.x however).

Good luck.

· Registered
49 Posts
I'm assuming you rooted the phone before installing SS. Is that correct? If so, try installing Root Checker by Free Android Apps to confirm that the root exploit actually worked.

If you don't have root you will need to try rooting your phone again until you are successful. If you do have root then you may need to uninstall SS and then reinstall SS 3.65 again.

If you still have trouble you may need to flash back to stock ROM using Matt's utility (as I recall I had to do this before I was successful). See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2192467. Note this version is for Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon network only (I.e. model XT912 aka spyder). Only use the options to flash stock ROM (data wipe is recommended) and to root the phone. Don't use the option to install SS since it installs an older version (unless the utility has been updated).

Once you have the phone rooted (confirmed with Root Checker) then you can manually download and install SS 3.65. You probably already have this, but if not there are more detailed instructions from the SS developer at http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/4872-recovery-safestrap-recovery-v365-11152013-v365/

Once you have SS installed and running correctly I recommend creating a new ROM slot in slot 2 (you can try slot 1, but using slot 1 seems to create problems sometimes with cm11; slot 1 is recommended for cm10.x however).

Good luck.

Use SafeStrap v3.11 for the XT912 RAZR Maxx..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

381 - 400 of 416 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.