Android OS Forum banner
401 - 416 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use SafeStrap v3.11 for the XT912 RAZR Maxx..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G
It has been reported numerous places that Safestrap 3.11 does not work correctly with cm11. 3.11 should work OK for cm10.x though, but then again 3.65 is supposed to work for cm10.x too.

I have used SS 3.65 successfully with all the releases of cm11. Initially I tried using 3.11, but had far too many problems with failed/corrupted installs of cm11.

That's has been my experience; your mileage may vary ;)

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx (XT912, spyder) using TapaTalk.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Thanks for the help! MY problem was that i was rooted but i didnt have supersu installed for some reason. It was installed before but must have got lost when i took write protection off. So only my root apps that i had already given permission for worked.

thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not currently possible (unless you mean unlocked retail version). For those on retail Verizon or AT&T, +. 4.4.2 has not yet been rooted.

Sent from my Moto X
From what I have been reading on XDA it sounds like you are able to retain root when updating to 4.4.2 but it removes the ability to permanently disable write protection. So, I'm wondering if/how that will affect how safestrap works.

·
Banned
48 Posts
From what I have been reading on XDA it sounds like you are able to retain root when updating to 4.4.2 but it removes the ability to permanently disable write protection. So, I'm wondering if/how that will affect how safestrap works.
I saw some that claim to still have write protection off/control....some. It would sure suq to lose the ability to install safestrap, but at least we'd still have titanium backup, and could snoop and or copy from system files.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

·
Android Beginner
10 Posts
I'm going to guess that either an image of a rooted device will need to be used for a 4.4.2 safestrap, or it will be a two stage process ...

rooted 4.2.2-> 4.4 safestrap ... then use safestrap to apply a modified 4.4.2 update zip (one that only applies the changes to /system).

Remember, once safestrap is in place, you effectively have a TWRP at hand for applying updates. And it ignores keysigning.

(note that for anyone already on 4.4.2's bootloader, there's no going back if you're a locked device, so no way to do any of this)

Moral? do NOT take a 4.4.2 update if you're locked until a way has been found to safely bring the system up to 4.4.2, and bypass the bootloader update.

·
Banned
48 Posts
442 still not rootable...in some way by now? Just curious, suspecting the answer is 'no'. Only looking for affirmation to avoid taking further updates, should Verizon EVER think we with root are gullible enough.

·
Head Forum Stoner
367 Posts
442 still not rootable...in some way by now? Just curious, suspecting the answer is 'no'. Only looking for affirmation to avoid taking further updates, should Verizon EVER think we with root are gullible enough.

No root method and probably never will be.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Einsteindks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys .. I have bought moto x (xt1058 at&t) , i googled everything last night about to unlock the bootloader but i didnt found anything usefull but i need to update it to lollipop asap so plz anyone here to help me ? I have rooted it with pwnmymoto but cant install recovery in order to use any lollipop rom .. If there is no way to unlock bootloader then please update the links for safestrap yor help will be appreciated , thanks and thumbs up for your work :)

Attachments

401 - 416 of 416 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.