Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i go into rom manager flash the newest recovery but every time i boot into recovery it still boots into the old recovery. I dont know what i am doing wrong.

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was what I was doing but had no luck. Let me try one more time just to make sure

Edit: ok so I figured out if you use Droid 2 boot strapper it reverts it and then you have to Reflash the new version. Just an fyi. Thanks Brent

·
Android-Aholic
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mostly, I just can't use Droid 2 boot strapper to get into recovery. I have to go through room manager. I'm not sure why that's the case.

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
Which ROM are you on? If you're on a 2nd init ROM (CM7, MIUI, Liquid, OMGB), then you should not be using any bootstrapper app.

·
Average Android
74 Posts
I had the exact same issue today. However, to fix it I flashed the 2int X version (Even though I am running a rooted stock .602 gb build). Worked perfect, I can now also boot into recovery straight out of ROM manager.

·
Google-Fu Master
69 Posts
mortymouse said:
I had the exact same issue today. However, to fix it I flashed the 2int X version (Even though I am running a rooted stock .602 gb build). Worked perfect, I can now also boot into recovery straight out of ROM manager.
This does not work for me, at all.

Running Shuji 2.1.

The Droid 2 Bootstrapper will get me in to the old Recovery, but haven't been able to get anywhere using Rom Manager.

·
Android Apprentice
87 Posts
^^ +1. I to had the same issue today. I'm on shuji 2.1. Flashed the new recovery from rom manager and tried to boot into recovery. Just rebooted my phone really. I tried both Droidx and 2nd-init. Only thing that worked was Droid 2 bootstrapper but it took me to orange text version. Are we onto something here?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
hullie10 said:
What's gained from using the new recovery opposed to use the old one?
faster backups and restores. usb mass storage mode now works. option to format or mount/unmount preinstall partition. backups are now in tar format, instead of img. all i could think of off top of my head

·
Android Apprentice
110 Posts
"razorloves said:
faster backups and restores. usb mass storage mode now works. option to format or mount/unmount preinstall partition. backups are now in tar format, instead of img. all i could think of off top of my head
Gotcha...sounds worthy of an update, thanks!

·
Android Lover
326 Posts
Yea I had this problem too; I am going to try that thread; I want to be able to use the new recovery to go between .602 and 2nd-init...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts