Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Android Aficionado
196 Posts
Awesome!! I am assuming that this will work with the latest ROM Manager... just install this recovery :)

Love Sully!

*EDIT* - the version I am currently using on my Thunderbolt is 3.1.0.2... is there a changelog available for 4.0.1.0? I tried to find one with no avail.

*EDIT 2* - I may sound like a n00b now, but I have not flashed a custom recovery besides CWM (from ROM Manager) since I was using Amon_RA on my Nexus One. I see there is the option to flash an "Alternate Recovery" from within ROM Manager... but the option is still unavailable after downloading this recovery IMG and placing in the root of my SD card.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Awesome, loading up tonight!

·
Average Android
115 Posts
mpfstc said:
How do you go about flashing this?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums
You can flash this through fastboot. Basically on your computer, if you have fastboot downloaded, boot into hboot then select the option of fastboot. then run the command fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

·
Android Aficionado
196 Posts
Does anyone happen to know what command ROM Manager uses to flash CWM Recovery without requiring a reboot or booting into hboot?

I feel like it would be useful to know this so that we could flash custom recoveries without a need to boot into hboot.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
cam30era said:
Just like a radio. Rename it PG051IMG.zip. Place it on the root of your SDcard. Boot into hboot and it will flash automatically.
Just to clarify, not PG05IMG.zip, but PG051IMG.zip?

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Awesome, thanks!

·
Android Aficionado
196 Posts
Neither worked for me from the bootloader... I named PG05IMG.zip and PG051IMG.zip, rebooted to bootloader and then it seemed to attempt flashing (like with RUU or Radio) but it was not successful (apparently).

I will try the link that z0mbiexx posted above and see if his works. Maybe it was not renamed properly when I used ASTRO to rename and place in the root of the SD card.

·
Android Aficionado
196 Posts
Thanks birdman. That one worked like a charm. Even when I renamed yours it did not flash properly via bootloader.

Now to answer the million dollar question. How does ROM Manager flash the recovery without booting into HBOOT? If we knew that then I assume we could just hop on terminal emulator and run the command from our device... no need to reboot :)

·
Average Android
201 Posts
bmcclure937 said:
Thanks birdman. That one worked like a charm. Even when I renamed yours it did not flash properly via bootloader.

Now to answer the million dollar question. How does ROM Manager flash the recovery without booting into HBOOT? If we knew that then I assume we could just hop on terminal emulator and run the command from our device... no need to reboot :)
It probably uses something similar to flash_image. flash_image can be used from the terminal

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Flash_image

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.