Android OS Forum banner
501 - 520 of 558 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
390 Posts
Any thoughts of getting this on lte nexus? I know its new just curious cause I already miss rzrecovery lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Any thoughts of getting this on lte nexus? I know its new just curious cause I already miss rzrecovery lol

yes, its already underway. I have hit a wall thought with busybox not being able to ready the large filesystems. Same issue on xoom

·
Android Apprentice
390 Posts
yes, its already underway. I have hit a wall thought with busybox not being able to ready the large filesystems. Same issue on xoom
Nice...I waited months to have it on my bolt so I guess I can have a lil patience lol

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Mine's working fine, but the charging bug is still there
I can confirm the charging bug is still present. I've also tried redownloading RZR 2.1.4 for mecha and flashing, but I still have recovery reboots while trying to scroll using the touch screen.

Sent from my Eternity Infected Thunderbolt

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
Love the recovery! Im using the latest NS4G version (2.1.4) but am unable to make nandroid backups. The error I'm seeing is "cannot create /sdcard/nandroid/MIUI.1.12.9.0

Attached are my recovery.log and last_log rom /cache/recovery

This happened with 2.1.3 as well. In 2.1.4 no recovery.log was produced tho

Thank you for your work, love the recovery

Attachments

·
Average Android
120 Posts
I can confirm the charging bug is still present. I've also tried redownloading RZR 2.1.4 for mecha and flashing, but I still have recovery reboots while trying to scroll using the touch screen.

Hmm that's weird. How are you flashing it? I had TWRP, flashed the 2.1.4 zip then rebooted into recovery from TWRP, and RZR popped up no problem (besides the charging bug of course).

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
Hmm that's weird. How are you flashing it? I had TWRP, flashed the 2.1.4 zip then rebooted into recovery from TWRP, and RZR popped up no problem (besides the charging bug of course).
Flashed through RZR 2.1.3 and rebooted recovery to get to 2.1.4.

·
Android Beginner
27 Posts
Miss this recovery- I switched from CWM to RAIDZERO when I was on the OG- even ran some of your roms too- nice work bro! Totally would like to see this for the G-nex CDMA
Keep up the good work!

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
Love the recovery! Im using the latest NS4G version (2.1.4) but am unable to make nandroid backups. The error I'm seeing is "cannot create /sdcard/nandroid/MIUI.1.12.9.0

Attached are my recovery.log and last_log rom /cache/recovery

This happened with 2.1.3 as well. In 2.1.4 no recovery.log was produced tho

Thank you for your work, love the recovery
Just wanted to say I just tried the latest 2.1.4 (from 12-18) and I was able to make a backup (I'm on an ICS ROM)

Thank you again.. IDK why I couldn't make backup's before, but for now everything seems fine

·
TechyGeek
37 Posts
Ok I am trying to port this to the LG Esteem MS910. I have ported a few phones to CWM what out to much issue but this phone has been a royal PITFA. lol The main issue is it boots into RZ or CWM but reboot after 2 minutes aprox. I have mt repo for it on github if you/anyone cares too look it over n offer some insight on the reboot issue.

n Good Job RZ looks nice!

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Ok I am trying to port this to the LG Esteem MS910. I have ported a few phones to CWM what out to much issue but this phone has been a royal PITFA. lol The main issue is it boots into RZ or CWM but reboot after 2 minutes aprox. I have mt repo for it on github if you/anyone cares too look it over n offer some insight on the reboot issue.

n Good Job RZ looks nice!
post up the recovery.img

edit: whats your github?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool! You're fast! I will try it later. Does it support rfs file system? Because I still have that, no ext4 form me
Sorry I dissapeared. I didn't have my tab for a while so I couldn't test. I'm willing to test now that I got it back, but I would like to know two things please:

1.- Does it support the RFS file system? Because I'm on stock and that's all I have at the moment.
2.- I should just ".tar" this image and flash it with ODIN or heimdall, right? (I prefer if you could tell me how to flash it with ODIN because so far I have never used Heimdall nor have I found a good guide on how to use it, thanks)

·
TechyGeek
37 Posts
post up the recovery.img

edit: whats your github?
k I got the reboot issue fixed but sd isnt mounting now, looking into it n making sure the reboot fix isnt what casued it. Will update ya

K, got 99% working with CWM. USB Mass Storage still isnt working and boot not listed in mounts and storage. But everything else seems to be working. Will be building with RZ shortly n update ya!.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #517 ·
k I got the reboot issue fixed but sd isnt mounting now, looking into it n making sure the reboot fix isnt what casued it. Will update ya

K, got 99% working with CWM. USB Mass Storage still isnt working and boot not listed in mounts and storage. But everything else seems to be working. Will be building with RZ shortly n update ya!.
nice.. you never did post the stock recovery img so I could try my hand, recovery is pretty basic, if you look at https://github.com/raidzero/android_device_raidzero you will see just what is required. you might be overdoing it

·
TechyGeek
37 Posts
cool, you might like to know that RZR is confirmed working on Sanyo Zio

I can't tell you, but it sounds like your device uses the initramfs system which I do not know how to build for. It does support the RFS filesystem and should now support BML - though I have no way to personally test it.

nice.. you never did post the stock recovery img so I could try my hand, recovery is pretty basic, if you look at https://github.com/r...device_raidzero you will see just what is required. you might be overdoing it
I got all but USB Mass Storage working and boot listing in mounts n storage. I think I might know why boots not showing, well not in CWM, but its not able to be mounted n wiped manually in either. When boot gets broke you can boot into fastboot but can not any other way, so I think its made to be like that sum place, maybe in the kernel.

And yea, was over thinking it,, alot, ended up being a simple setting in the defconfig to fix the reboot issue. I figure USB Mass is a matter of the correct path, tried a few I traced down in adb shell but none has worked, but its not throwing any errors in ksmg tho, will try a logcat n see what I see.

Here are the links for stock and rz recovery.img's.

Stock recovery

RZ recovery

my repo is current too.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Puh puh puh leeeeeeeeez make this for the lte galaxy nexus. By far my favorite recovery.

thanks! I need to fix the busybox issue and it will be 100%. everythign else works, but the busybox thing is a show-stopper. several RZR scripts, the plugins system and nandroid all use it :/

501 - 520 of 558 Posts