Android OS Forum banner
541 - 558 of 558 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Been using this for a week or so. Optimus V with the old screen and its awesome. I have sent some people over to test it out and I guess they are having issues restoring cwm backups. However the only problem I had was it wouldnt restore sd-ext created with cwm. I told these people to post here.

raidzero the optimus v does have a issue tho and its similar to the one with the optimus s. Deal is LG started using the screens from the new S phones in the V phones and the screen drivers will not work. There is a thread at AC about this in the Opimus V forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been using this for a week or so. Optimus V with the old screen and its awesome. I have sent some people over to test it out and I guess they are having issues restoring cwm backups. However the only problem I had was it wouldnt restore sd-ext created with cwm. I told these people to post here.

raidzero the optimus v does have a issue tho and its similar to the one with the optimus s. Deal is LG started using the screens from the new S phones in the V phones and the screen drivers will not work. There is a thread at AC about this in the Opimus V forum.
I'm having trouble making nandroids and restoring cwm nandroids. My OV doesn't have a new screen though.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Had to go back to the generic version of my roms recovery. Today when trying to restore a nanadroid the phone was in a faux bootaniamtion loop. I say faux because I could unlock the phone and funny enough make calls kinda sorta.

/sigh

I was hoping this would work so I could get away from CWM ported recoveries and I also like the multi-colors of this recovery.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Update

I reflashed the recovery created a nanadroid. Tried to recover my initial nanadroid from when the phone was rooted. It got stuck on boot. Recovered the nanadroid I made earlier and all worked fine. Booted into phone installed the recovery for the IHO rom, booted to recovery flashed my initial nanadroid and then flashed rzrecovery. I made a backup of my stock rom and then restored my nanadroid from earlier. Everything worked perfect.

The IHO devs found a problem with the kernel that would create errors for wifi if you did a full wipe. I think that might have been some of my initial problems. Up until I installed the bad rom restoring from nanadroids was fine sorta. It still wont recover a CWM or Xionnia recovery backup. But that isnt too much of a issue. I can just do like I have done and make new backups of the CWM/Xionnia backups.

Thanks for a great recovery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
RZ
This is the best Recovery I have tried yet. Currently I am running 2.13 on my Thunderbolt. I tried 2.14 + the plug insThe Nanroid does not work. This is a deal breaker. It doesn't charge either.
Are you working on a fix for these issues?
Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
The site hosting these recoveries has been suspended. Does anyone know of an alternative? Stupidly deleted my zip and am now without the best recovery available for my ns4g. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Android Beginner
52 Posts
How to install RZRecovery on the Droid X:
  1. Download the zip file from http://db.tt/T68vXoNO or http://db.tt/jZiGaW1Z
  2. Place on SD card
  3. Boot into ClockWorkRecovery (if you just did a SBF and installed Droid2 Bootstrapper, the CWR it installs works fine - no need to update)
  4. Select to install a ZIP from the SD, navigate to where you put the file from step 1
  5. Install it - it should reload the recovery and you'll be in RZRecovery - no need to even reboot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]hello[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]just to know[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]is what the[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]runs on[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]rzrecovery[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]motoluxe[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]thank you[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Sorry for[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]my English[/background]

·
Registered
25 Posts
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]hello[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]just to know[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]is what the[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]runs on[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]rzrecovery[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]motoluxe[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]thank you[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Sorry for[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]my English[/background]
I just happened to run into your other post on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1621339) but it seems (after a few Google searches) there is no active development for your phone (Motorola Motoluxe, I am guessing), and RZRecovery, as well as other recoveries (ClockworkMod and Team Win Recovery Project/TWRP) will not work on your phone unless you put it on your phone yourself, and there seems to be no custom ROMs for your phone either.

I hate to break it to you, but you are stuck with the stock experience with root (in case: http://androidforums.com/motoluxe-all-things-root/523283-motoluxe-root-guide.html). This means you will be able to use applications that require root, but you will not be able to use custom ROMs and recoveries, as they aren't supported unless you do it yourself.

541 - 558 of 558 Posts