Android OS Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Am I missing something?

I'm trying to flash back to stock using TWRP.

I run a system reset (format cache and data), then wipe system.

When I try to flash the .29 blob (having unzipped once),I get :

Code:
Finding update package...<br />
Opening update package...<br />
Installing update...
Then in the lower window:

Code:
Flashing file 1 of 1<br />
/sdcard/Roms/US_epad-user-9.4.3.29.zip
and the twirling status bar, which hasn't changed in about 25 minutes.

This doesn't seem right.

I have md5 and signature checking turned off as well, since it didn't get this far with either one on.

This is about my 5th or 6th attempt. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Z

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
Am I missing something?

I'm trying to flash back to stock using TWRP.

I run a system reset (format cache and data), then wipe system.

When I try to flash the .29 blob (having unzipped once),I get :

Code:
Finding update package...<br />
Opening update package...<br />
Installing update...
Then in the lower window:

Code:
Flashing file 1 of 1<br />
/sdcard/Roms/US_epad-user-9.4.3.29.zip
and the twirling status bar, which hasn't changed in about 25 minutes.

This doesn't seem right.

I have md5 and signature checking turned off as well, since it didn't get this far with either one on.

This is about my 5th or 6th attempt. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Z
yeah TWRP doesn't seem to like flashing the blob zip. Worked fine on CWM though. You might need to flash cwm first.

·
Kitten Punter
2,808 Posts
Yeah that's what I had to do whenever I needed to go back to stock. Maybe someone could extract the blob and make it a flash able rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
hoping the twrp team can fix it

·
TeamWin
131 Posts
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I'm finally getting around to it. I've worked with Berzerker and makelegs on getting TWRP to restore boot. Unfortunately it seems that Asus has not exposed the boot and recovery partitions at all. The block devices that they have defined for boot and recovery don't appear to contain any valid data. It's mostly just 0's when you dd the partition and view it in a hex editor. As such, there's no way to back up your existing kernel. Since we can't back it up, we can't restore it either.

This setup is different than what we saw on the TF201. On the TF201, we're able to back up the current boot partition. The restore process is somewhat different than most other devices, but we were able to work around the restore issues.

I would like to note that no one in Team Win actually has a TF300, so it makes it a little harder for us to explore the device. If someone can find the location of the boot image, we can look into creating a proper backup. If the boot partition can't be found, then you'll have no choice but to reflash ROMs everytime you need to switch kernels during a restore. It will be up to Asus to expose the boot partition somehow so that we can make a proper backup. If I were a TF300 customer, I'd be very annoyed by this and I'd be contact Asus to let them know about my displeasure. It's likely that we'll see this same setup on future Asus products too.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I'm finally getting around to it. I've worked with Berzerker and makelegs on getting TWRP to restore boot. Unfortunately it seems that Asus has not exposed the boot and recovery partitions at all. The block devices that they have defined for boot and recovery don't appear to contain any valid data. It's mostly just 0's when you dd the partition and view it in a hex editor. As such, there's no way to back up your existing kernel. Since we can't back it up, we can't restore it either.

This setup is different than what we saw on the TF201. On the TF201, we're able to back up the current boot partition. The restore process is somewhat different than most other devices, but we were able to work around the restore issues.

I would like to note that no one in Team Win actually has a TF300, so it makes it a little harder for us to explore the device. If someone can find the location of the boot image, we can look into creating a proper backup. If the boot partition can't be found, then you'll have no choice but to reflash ROMs everytime you need to switch kernels during a restore. It will be up to Asus to expose the boot partition somehow so that we can make a proper backup. If I were a TF300 customer, I'd be very annoyed by this and I'd be contact Asus to let them know about my displeasure. It's likely that we'll see this same setup on future Asus products too.
Hmm that's annoying. How would one look to find the boot partition? I'm not the best with code but I might be able to help out some other way.

Also ASUS customer support is terrible. I called once and the guy thought my tablet shipped with Honeycomb

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Hmm that's annoying. How would one look to find the boot partition?
Code:
[email protected]:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH<br />
[email protected]:/ $ cat /proc/partitions<br />
major minor  #blocks  name<br />
<br />
 179        0   31039488 mmcblk0<br />
 179        1     786432 mmcblk0p1<br />
 179        2     438272 mmcblk0p2<br />
 179        3       2048 mmcblk0p3<br />
 179        4     835584 mmcblk0p4<br />
 179        5       5120 mmcblk0p5<br />
 179        6        512 mmcblk0p6<br />
 179        7       5120 mmcblk0p7<br />
 179        8   28924416 mmcblk0p8<br />
[email protected]:/ $
I'm guessing it's mmcblk0p6 since it's the smallest, but I'm not that familiar with Android. mmcblk0p3 also seems like a likely candidate. They could have put it on pretty much any of those partitions (except /sdcard, which is obviously number 8), so I'll leave the detective work to the people who know what they're doing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed 2.2.2.0 and I cant see my SD content and USB will not mount. Internal SD is empty too. I tried the reset default in settings and some options in the mount section and nothing works. I'm stuck, cant do anything now.

Update: for those that have had the same issue use ADB and flash the previus version until the update is released. Im sure it will get fixed soon.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Just installed 2.2.2.0 and I cant see my SD content and USB will not mount. Internal SD is empty too. I tried the reset default in settings and some options in the mount section and nothing works. I'm stuck, cant do anything now.

Update: for those that have had the same issue use ADB and flash the previus version until the update is released. Im sure it will get fixed soon.
Make sure sdcard is mounted. And also, try navigating to /data/media instead. That fixed it on my S3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

41 - 58 of 58 Posts