Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on.... Seriously its been 2 months no clockworkmod nothing like it, no roms no nothing how is that possible, we really need a bunch of people to really push for it

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
we need the devs to have the phone to do it...thats the problem.....also a problem with the locked bootloader. Turned alot of the devs off on it.

G

·
ericerk said:
That helps, but there's still the issue of devs having the phone. Since you are able to get it into the custom recovery, you're probably just going to have to get the same people that got into it to do the dev stuff until other developers decide to pick up the phone, or some get donated. With the next gen phones releasing on a fairly rapid basis, getting them to get one may be a little hard since there are better alternatives. I'm not knocking the X2 in any shape or form, but it's not going to be the first choice for a dev when there is a higher demand for other phones that also are easier to be exploited.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swiftmazda said:
That helps, but there's still the issue of devs having the phone. Since you are able to get it into the custom recovery, you're probably just going to have to get the same people that got into it to do the dev stuff until other developers decide to pick up the phone, or some get donated. With the next gen phones releasing on a fairly rapid basis, getting them to get one may be a little hard since there are better alternatives. I'm not knocking the X2 in any shape or form, but it's not going to be the first choice for a dev when there is a higher demand for other phones that also are easier to be exploited.
i'm actually getting my first rom soon so... ( and i'm not a dev too, i'm just the dude with the droidx2 who figured out how)

G

·
ericerk said:
i'm actually getting my first rom soon so... ( and i'm not a dev too, i'm just the dude with the droidx2 who figured out how)
Oh, I'm not saying it won't be done. :) I'm just saying things will probably not happen as fast since most of the big devs are busy with existing products or simply don't have the phone. The X2 is a great phone, but it's just not as popular as other phones. I'm glad there is progress being made for you all though. It's just going to take a little longer.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swiftmazda said:
Oh, I'm not saying it won't be done. :) I'm just saying things will probably not happen as fast since most of the big devs are busy with existing products or simply don't have the phone. The X2 is a great phone, but it's just not as popular as other phones. I'm glad there is progress being made for you all though. It's just going to take a little longer.
At this point i'm just giving up, no one gives a crap about the dx2, well some people do but 99% of devs don't care :(

G

·
ericerk said:
At this point i'm just giving up, no one gives a crap about the dx2, well some people do but 99% of devs don't care :(
Obviously, you have people posting in this forum section that care. :) I just think development for the DX2 will probably happen a little slower simply because the high demand just isn't there. I have no doubt in my mind that things will eventually come to play. It's just one of those things that requires patience. Donating a DX2 to a dev is probably going to be the best way to get them to pay attention to it. After all, it's pretty hard to develop things for a phone that you don't own.

Eventually, the DX2 will probably be like the DX. It's just going to take some time to get there.

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
ericerk said:
I care.... In no n00b but I am not to strong with the ways of Linux even though I use it on my home pc regularly... If you want and need help, let me know and I will gladly help because I got back to android for custom roms and got the DX2 cuz its a beast!!! PM me for contact info...

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dag425 said:
I care.... In no n00b but I am not to strong with the ways of Linux even though I use it on my home pc regularly... If you want and need help, let me know and I will gladly help because I got back to android for custom roms and got the DX2 cuz its a beast!!! PM me for contact info...
For sure :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts