Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
By very open, you mean there is no reason there could not be other kernels flashed onto this? I have a Droid and I want something open. Also, If this gets a little more support, I will be making a good sized donation and LG will be getting a new customer.

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
thecubed said:
There is no reason we can't put custom kernels on here, there appears to be no signing at all for the Android part of the phone. As for the radio/bootloader I am not sure.

The only thing stopping custom kernels at this point in time is LG. We need the kernel source before any real kernel-related developments can begin. We could try using CodeAurora's source code, but it'd be a long and arduous process.
theLGgirl has said on twitter that they are working on supporting the community for this device. I hope that means more than just getting the kernel source out quickly. I hope that means bootloader is as open as the x2/G2x's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.