Android OS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Hey there just want to say great work and thanks everyone for your dedication. Unfortunately i got to step 7, command line 1 worked great but when i try cat /sdcard/recovery-cwm-pr1.img > /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 its saying my recovery file can't be found :_con: i verified and re-verified its on /sdcard/ and i even rechecked my md5sum everything looks right but it keeps saying .img cant be found. I thought maybe it went through so i checked md5sum with busybox as step 8 says and its clearly not the new recovery img.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
disregard i just rebooted my computer and started up again from that line everything worked great md5sums all add up and i made all backups. Great work guys thanks.

·
Developer
43 Posts

·
Developer
43 Posts
thecubed said:
Well, I think I may have accidentally beaten you to that :)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1144951
I wrote "RevoToolkit" which is my easy recovery installer.

Things like this make me wish there were an easier way to collaborate between developers-- you never know what's out there...

Possibly we can work together on future Android projects?
lol, yeah you totally beat me on that xD. the thing is I received a request from someone asking to add support to my app for the LG Revo, and I did a quick research, found your app which was a great help for finding the files ;), and I added it to my app manifest (another json file too). Finally I ended here! (so it seems I found the things in a reverese order LOL) Btw I don't mean to compete against you/your app, and I claim no credit on the recovery work either lol.

My app was first an experiment, basically to learn some Android applicaction developement things, and I tried to made it generic enough so it could posibly work for any device, provided I get the files (rcoveries) :).

True, we often redo the same things because we don't know other could have done it. In my case I did it to learn, and also because at that time, RomManager (which do the same, better) wouldn't offer all the recoveries I wanted to propose in my app for the Motorola Cliq.

Yeah, no problem collaborating in the future man :). btw If you could give a try to my flasher and test it, would be awesome! And if you own other phones model, and have the command for flashing the recovery and the img files, shoot them to me so I can add support for those phones to my app :).

·
Developer
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'd be happy to help in any way possible-- any help is good help!
My only request is that you hold off on pushing recoveries to the Revo via your app until I get some bugs worked out with the current release of Clockwork.

Right now, I've got a few big bugs (nothing show-stopping, but still bugs of a large magnitude regarding "bricking"), so I'd rather have one method of pushing updated recovery images so that I can quickly get updates to people without going through a third party for the moment.

If you're interested, we should talk about future collaborations-- at the moment I am porting CM7 to the Revo, and any help you can give with either that or making custom roms from the base LG firmware would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I think I may have accidentally beaten you to that :)
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1144951
I wrote "RevoToolkit" which is my easy recovery installer.

Things like this make me wish there were an easier way to collaborate between developers-- you never know what's out there...

Possibly we can work together on future Android projects?
I'm using this tools works perfectly and flash exitrecovery.zip

21 - 31 of 31 Posts