Android OS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Patient Observer
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if its possible to remove the screen that says galaxy s/ cyanogenmod? I would much rather it just be the bootanimation I have set up in miui.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
"nothingblooms said:
I was just wondering if its possible to remove the screen that says galaxy s/ cyanogenmod? I would much rather it just be the bootanimation I have set up in miui.
Thanks
You can change the splash screen but afaik it can't be removed. How often do you reboot? Just deal with that 10 seconds.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I would go with akellar. Have heard if you botch that then you can end up with a hard brick. I don't know how true that is but I personally don't think its worth it for the ammount of time you see it.

·
Android Apprentice
475 Posts
That splash screen can be changed with a different kernel. I don't know about customizing it, but glitch's kernel has a different image than say JT's.

Sent from the Pool Party with my Fascinate

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
You had to flash a hacked param.lfs file before to change it but I read in fascinate forums that with their stock update you just had to push a different file to the location of the stock one. I had done it before on a froyo rom but haven't tried any thing with the gb stuff. Poke around here and xda. There a couple threads on xda about it sitting on the can or I'd post a link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts