Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the one thing I really don't know a lot about is apk repackaging. The dx2 bootstrapper has a flaw that requires you to plug in the phone, reboot it, and it'll load into recovery, much like the Dx cwm failsafe. U can't just hit reboot to recovery. However I think I've found the cause. I want to have it put into the apk but first I need to get koush's ok since I would need to use part of his coding, make sure we are allowed to with the dev of the apk, then I need to know how to do it. Anyone here good with apk development?

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"kdaz said:
I thought you could just view it using 7zip and add or subtract files and it would save them
I can do that with zips but an apk has to be resigned I believe. I don't think 7 will sign it.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
hmm i think since you dont actually open it, it stays signed...i think we had to do this on the backflip for rooting and such. just right click on the apk and using 7zip just open archive and change files around...i seem to remember using this to mess with boot animations. not sure if it works the same though

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the dude that found the bootstrap apk! Damn he threw that together quick! Im glad to see development happening. Wow.... well good for him. I dl'ed it to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

·
Android Addict
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Koush has given me the ok to use some of his code for the bootstrap so tomorrow I will put together a hopefully complete strapper

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
"clumsyninja21 said:
Koush has given me the ok to use some of his code for the bootstrap so tomorrow I will put together a hopefully complete strapper
This is very exciting news man

Sent from my DROID X2 using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 15 of 15 Posts