Android OS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Average Android
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there is a flashible zip for cm4 Plz point me n that direction, I was unable to find one so if there's not will someone Plz make one thanks for any help I can't always use Odin as I'm a truck driver without a laptop

Sent from my SCH-I500 using RootzWiki Forums

·
Average Android
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So can I flash this from cwm3 that way I can use three button method in an emergency then flash this to mount with the mtd style recovery?

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
This is a recovery that will flash MTD based roms. Once you are on a MTD based roms. Three finger recovery no longer works correctly. Meaning if your in a bootloop or soft brick. You will most likely need odin as that's the only way to truely fix it.

Now with that being said. I personally have had occasions where I was bricked and I three fingered into recovery and reflashed the ROM and it booted. But that doesn't always work

·
Average Android
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just wondering if I had to three button because of soft brick would the fixed zip flash from regular cwm3 then allow me to reflash cm7 or another mtd rom thanks

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Yep. It was made to do just that only for initial install. But it should work that way too. Not guaranteed but it should

1 - 7 of 7 Posts