Android OS Forum banner

[Request]MIUI4DX features here

13K views 92 replies 36 participants last post by  antintyty 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
There are only a few things this ROM is lacking :/
Some things are present, just not up to par for some users.

Bootanimation:
I personally would love seeing a custom Bootanimation that is specifically designed for MIUI4DX!
neowiz73 Added a few later in this forum!

Clock:
The MIUI clock widget has yet to be be functional as a 12 hour flip. There are a couple of developers working on getting this fully functional.
Users would also like to see this as a built-in option.

Extended Settings Being built-in:
Also, there is a mod that a lot of users have found very useful. Only issue is that it loses compatibility with each MIUI update as the framework changes with each release (so I've heard)
Hopefully one of you has the knowledge to help us find a way to get this to be more universal.
Essentially, combine the three versions of extended-settings and having them be a stock option.

Reboot to CWR in power options:
The reboot to recovery option also takes you to stock recovery instead of CWM. This is something a lot of users have mentioned as being a nuisance, If you have the skills to make an update.zip to change that..that'd be just swell :)
EDIT - DXC has made this function and even built it into his release of MIUI

Launcher:
Option to remove launcher
Modify grid layout
Sizable widgets

Status Bar:
Toggle visibility
Customize the organization of icons

Animations:
Instances of animations can be found on miui.us - Framework-res is all I've noticed that was changed
This would be difficult to include so many variations and would be almost impossible to keep between versions (I would only assume)

Additional:
If you have any other MIUI requests, please feel free to share and discuss.
If you happen to be able to deliver any of the requests please PM either Framework or myself.

Sidenote:
If you have the resources to make banners/bootanimations/bootlogos...
Please PM me

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
redsox 98 said:
I would have to second the extended settings mod. I am honestly surprised that it isn't already incorporated into miui to begin with. As far as boot animation i seen a moto miui one on miui. Under online boot animation. Just fyi.
I know there are Miuimoto animations everywhere...We need a custom one though!

Edit: There are even DroidX ones...
What we are looking for is a MIUI4DX one...custom tailored to this version of the ROM

#9 ·
Lopedog said:
Don't have any screenshots right now. I will restore a back up when I get time and take a shot. But when on cm7 the option to move the notification bar to the bottom was under the tablet tweaks.

Sent from my Droid X using my fingers.
Ok, now that I know you meant cm7 I know what setting you are referring to

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just got done with some custom animations for MIUI4DX, they are similar to the newer Droid X boot animations with a customized MIUI4DX logo thrown in.
I made 3 different colors: Red, Blue and Green. they are setup in the mtz format for MIUI's theme manager. enjoy :)

MIUI4DX_Red
MD5: 4DE34FF355461C6B769BD7BB56E3BE85
MIUI4DX_Green
MD5: E9467D478C50841852E6416ADF366911
MIUI4DX_Blue
MD5: D87CAFF10ED7FBE6334427C369F5EC18

View attachment 913

Attachments

#13 ·
neowiz73 said:
Just got done with some custom animations for MIUI4DX, they are similar to the newer Droid X boot animations with a customized MIUI4DX logo thrown in.
I made 3 different colors: Red, Blue and Green. they are setup in the mtz format for MIUI's theme manager. enjoy :)

MIUI4DX_Red
MIUI4DX_Green
MIUI4DX_Blue

View attachment 1406 View attachment 1407 View attachment 1408
Thanks neo!

#15 ·
neowiz73 said:

MIUI4DX_Red
MIUI4DX_Green
MIUI4DX_Blue
View attachment 1406 View attachment 1407 View attachment 1408
Thank you so much. The blue is AWESOME!!!! Just what the miui DX needed!!!!!

#21 ·
Ok so for everyone on 1.8.5 whO is interested in the battery fix here it is: just download this and place on your sd card and then flash with clockwork. Whether you wipe dalvik is up to you but its not necessary.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cgmn5jntffua77l

This currently will ONLY with with 1.8.5

#23 ·
BMc08GT said:
Ok so for everyone on 1.8.5 whO is interested in the battery fix here it is: just download this and place on your sd card and then flash with clockwork. Whether you wipe dalvik is up to you but its not necessary.

Updated OP
Thanks again BM

#24 ·
"BMc08GT said:

Thank you. I was looking for this. I had to backtrack to my 1.8.5 nandroid after a failed attempt at 1.8.12.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.