Android OS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WTF YOU LOOKIN AT!
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and I know some people where wondering if Revolutionary would work with the newest OTA.

I can confirm that it works 100%

I am rooted with S-Off.... those guys are awesome...

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
So I Guess I dunno what I did wrong.. But im S-OFF but I cant seem to get root. What am i Missing.

I have the New OTA. And Revolutionary says im already S-OFF.

·
Android Apprentice
49 Posts
"sammyboy405 said:
So I Guess I dunno what I did wrong.. But im S-OFF but I cant seem to get root. What am i Missing.

I have the New OTA. And Revolutionary says im already S-OFF.
Did you flash the su.zip?

Sent from my thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums while on the crapper

·
WTF YOU LOOKIN AT!
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rufflez2010 said:

Yeah you have to flash super user from recovery to get root access. All Revolutionary does is flash the patched bootloader, and optionally install their custom recovery.

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts
rufflez2010 said:

where is the su.zip? is it on my phone already? Booting into cwm now to see.

·
Supporting Member
95 Posts

·
WTF YOU LOOKIN AT!
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sammyboy405 said:
I Found it.. Thanks for making me look ;) Google FTW :) http://androidsu.com/superuser/
I had problems with the new superuser 3.0 on the OTA. kept force closing. If you get that problem, download the older version in the link I posted earlier.

·
Android Apprentice
73 Posts
So is the OTA exactly the same as the 2.11.605.3 leak that was out earlier in the week? Stupid question, but want to make absolutely sure. Sorry to go off topic, but I didn't even consider taking the OTA until I read this thread. Thanks!

·
Android Veteran
218 Posts
I thought, it would be good if Revolutionary.io would update their site to indicate "yes, it works with recent GB update for TBolt" but it appears they only care what version the bootloader is, not the OS. That said, presuming this GB update doesn't also update 'hboot' (apparently it doesn't), it's a non-issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts