Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted this over at XDA, but wanted to make the same offer here at Rootz (as urged by the IRC channel users). My post:

So I was thinking today about how badly I want to get Perm Root on my Rezound, but don't possess the skills to do it myself.
I've seen lots of Devs/Threads/Groups asking for donations for working on a solution, but I wasn't sure if what I would be willing to offer would sweeten the pot at all.

I have an available upgrade for a new phone on one of my lines, and I was thinking about offering the individual (or Dev Group) that first comes up with a working S-Off Perm Root for the Rezound with any Verizon Smartphone, current or future. (So, for example, if they wanted, they could get S-Off on the Rezound and then choose the Galaxy Nexus when it is released as their 'reward' device.)

What I would like to know is if any of the Devs/Dev Teams would be interested in this, and if so, please respond to this thread... Of course, I would love a special little something special (become an official Tester for ROMs before the Dev publicly releases them or something similar). I am amenable to something simple as that, though we can work out details after the fact. At this point I just want to see who's interested in this special "reward."

I understand that someone (EvilDevNull) has apparently achieved S-Off, but was unable to prove it and the phone's owner left before he could prove it (he does not have a Rezound). I requested that he send me the files and method and he would get a phone of his choosing, but he has not responded to me. At this point, if "Evil" were to send me the Root method so that I can confirm it I would consider this my "special little something" that I am asking for.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I posted in the XDA thread as well, and I'll stand by my post there and reiterate it here. ive got $25 on the bounty.

also, to the OP, it kind of comes off like you're calling him out, rather than encouraging him. Hes an accomplished dev, and an established member of multiple communities, hes got no reason to lie. he may want to wait to release until he tests it for more than a few minutes, or he may want to hold out for his own device or something. Im not questioning his methods, timeframe or anything like that. he'll release, at which point I hope everyone that posted there makes good on their offer for the bounty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
is there any way that those of us that would be willing to donate a few bucks to say paypal it to a 'reserve' account and release the funds after root is achieved?

I think it would be a fair and probably quite alluring for the devs (not that they are not already working hard and already motivated, but let's face it, in this economy and this world we live in, cash definitely speaks volumes)

if anyone knows of a safe way, I would throw in a few bucks and I think you would see that final balance climb quickly.

just my 2 cents, hope it makes sense....no pun intended..

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
is there any way that those of us that would be willing to donate a few bucks to say paypal it to a 'reserve' account and release the funds after root is achieved?

I think it would be a fair and probably quite alluring for the devs (not that they are not already working hard and already motivated, but let's face it, in this economy and this world we live in, cash definitely speaks volumes)

if anyone knows of a safe way, I would throw in a few bucks and I think you would see that final balance climb quickly.

just my 2 cents, hope it makes sense....no pun intended..
I'm in for $10

·
Registered
13 Posts
Guys, he isn't going to SEND YOU his method. He needs to do it himself, and then probably needs to tweak it. Stop asking him to send it out to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Guys, he isn't going to SEND YOU his method. He needs to do it himself, and then probably needs to tweak it. Stop asking him to send it out to you.
why "guys"? the only one who wants the methods and special privileges is the OP. Don't group the rest of us in. Im just here for some blind encouragement backed by 25 of my not-so-hard earned dollars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me clarify my statement: I want to send him a phone of his choice if he gets the Rezound rooted w/s-off. As a small kick-back, I am merely asking to be a part of his "beta testers" for the rooting method. I have been in contact with him via email and this may get done.

My reasoning for posting here was I know that there are Devs that don't use XDA and I just wanted to make sure that if someone else was close to a Root method on the Rezound, my offer would stand for them as well.

·
Android Lover
919 Posts
You don't know that. Some devs I've seen release before hand to bounties and rewards and did you not read what the op stated?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't know that. Some devs I've seen release before hand to bounties and rewards and did you not read what the op stated?
It's all good man... I understand why someone would think that I am asking for them to hand "the precious" over to me before it's released, which is why I made my second post about just wanting to be a beta tester. Even if I am not made a beta tester for this particular project, future consideration would also be cool, and I will still likely donate the phone no matter what.

I have been talking occasionally with Evil via email and Twitter, but not pushing him on anything... if he wants the bounty/reward, great. If not, all I can say is that I made him the offer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not just talking about the OP, and not just talking about people on this forum. Just a broad blanket statement to people in general who might read it and think they deserve special privilege. Wasn't to group good members with ones who are better than us.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
WorldOfJohnboy said:
It's all good man... I understand why someone would think that I am asking for them to hand "the precious" over to me before it's released, which is why I made my second post about just wanting to be a beta tester. Even if I am not made a beta tester for this particular project, future consideration would also be cool, and I will still likely donate the phone no matter what.

I have been talking occasionally with Evil via email and Twitter, but not pushing him on anything... if he wants the bounty/reward, great. If not, all I can say is that I made him the offer.
Thanks for sending the device!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am done with this matter, apparently AtLemacks just wants to keep saying sh*t about me and I want nothing to do with the personal digs saying I am in it for some sort of glory.

If you all want to donate your money or phone, please feel free. I'm not going to do something that clearly pisses off the community, so consider my offer rescinded.

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Johnboy, I woundnt let that dumb shit bother you, there are always gonna be people that talk shit on here. Your a good man for sending evil a phone, I'm sure everyone on here appreciates it.

Sent from my soon to be unlocked rezound!!!

·
Android FTW
218 Posts
Johnboy, you're a good guy for offering your phone to Evil for testing. You are really helping the Rezound community becoming one step closer to having a solution for freedom. Let the haters hate, it's always going to happen.

Besides... there are other members out there that think they're hot shit because they've done this or that, when in fact all they do is stir up trouble. Pay no attention to those a$$holes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts