Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was looking through posts on some websites about the wifi tethering for the rezound (using Wifi Tether for Root Users) being ad-hoc only. Can I get a confirmation from those of you with the rezound running on temp root?

I'm currently running a rooted TBolt and use wifi tether regularly.

Thanks.

·
CleanROM Developer
157 Posts
Thats not correct. You can use infrastucture mode.

Can you quote a source?

EDIT: I stand corrected. It does not work in infrastructure mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried a couple of different versions of wifi tether for root users on my rezound and the connection showed up on my laptop as being ad-hoc. What have you found to be successful at creating an infrastructure network? I tried versions 2.0.7 and 3.1beta8.

·
CleanROM Developer
157 Posts
Give me a few, I will double check. I may be smoking crack....

·
CleanROM Developer
157 Posts
I stand corrected. It does not work in infrastructure mode. My bad. No more crack today!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried it with checking the lan fix on beta9 version and it works just like the others. It still shows up as an ad-hoc network. This will work for some devices but others do not support ad-hoc connections like Wii, I believe PS3 and also my DD-WRT Linksys router. Please let me know if I am missing something here. Were you able to create an infrastructure network with the WiFi Tether app?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried it with checking the lan fix on beta9 version and it works just like the others. It still shows up as an ad-hoc network. This will work for some devices but others do not support ad-hoc connections like Wii, I believe PS3 and also my DD-WRT Linksys router. Please let me know if I am missing something here. Were you able to create an infrastructure network with the WiFi Tether app?
To my knowledge, the "wifi-tether for root users" app will support infrastructure mode only if the hardware supports it and if you read the changelog on the developers site it says that the support for that mode at all is in beta still (last time I checked...).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To my knowledge, the "wifi-tether for root users" app will support infrastructure mode only if the hardware supports it and if you read the changelog on the developers site it says that the support for that mode at all is in beta still (last time I checked...).
With every phone I've used it on (Galaxy S Fascinate, TBolt) they both work fine in infrastructure, but then again they are both perm rooted. I doubt that HTC would remove the infrastructure capability in the Rezound (although they removed the glorious kickstand..)

·
Android Beginner
15 Posts
Can Someone help me how to setup the wifi tether? which version i need? I try it already and no luck connecting my computer.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alright, so I got my Rezound yesterday. I tried to do the temp root via Zerg Rush, but the bat file doesn't restart the phone in the end. I check my root status with Root Checker Basic and it says I have root but when I try to run Wifi tether (also tried barnacle tether & open garden) it just starts with errors. Anyone else run into this?

Edit: Also, after applying temp root the phone won't read my SD card.

·
CleanROM Developer
157 Posts
Alright, so I got my Rezound yesterday. I tried to do the temp root via Zerg Rush, but the bat file doesn't restart the phone in the end. I check my root status with Root Checker Basic and it says I have root but when I try to run Wifi tether (also tried barnacle tether & open garden) it just starts with errors. Anyone else run into this?

Edit: Also, after applying temp root the phone won't read my SD card.
The SD card is no big deal. When you attempt Temp Root you it dismounts the SD card. Just go back to settings and remount it.

AS far as starting with errors? Hmmm... Could be anything. Who's temp root you using? Mine works very well here: http://rootzwiki.com...rsuit-of-clean/

If you use my rooting script and need help feel free to post in my thread (or where-ever)

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
I can confirm that wifi tether works with the old school 2.0.7, but it is ad-hoc.

However, I see similar speeds (very fast) on 4g tethering as using wired tether (with PDANet).

Fantastic for most purposes, until someone figures out getting it infrastructure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can confirm that wifi tether works with the old school 2.0.7, but it is ad-hoc.

However, I see similar speeds (very fast) on 4g tethering as using wired tether (with PDANet).

Fantastic for most purposes, until someone figures out getting it infrastructure.
Did you try the latest one that works with the Nexus to see if that will work as an AP?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The SD card is no big deal. When you attempt Temp Root you it dismounts the SD card. Just go back to settings and remount it.

AS far as starting with errors? Hmmm... Could be anything. Who's temp root you using? Mine works very well here: http://rootzwiki.com...rsuit-of-clean/

If you use my rooting script and need help feel free to post in my thread (or where-ever)
Thanks. I'm using the Zerg Rush Root from the android authority website. http://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-root-htc-rezound-on-android-2-3-4-gingerbread-in-one-click-36933/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts