Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1961 - 1980 of 1999 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have wifi always on, because I bounce around from network to network often.
But lately I've noticed that when I go out of range for a network, the phone stays "stuck" on that network. It still thinks the network is the area and it's connected.
The phone does not automatically pick up the new network in range. I have to either connect manually, or toggle the wifi off/on.
Any fixes?

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,962 ·
I have wifi always on, because I bounce around from network to network often.
But lately I've noticed that when I go out of range for a network, the phone stays "stuck" on that network. It still thinks the network is the area and it's connected.
The phone does not automatically pick up the new network in range. I have to either connect manually, or toggle the wifi off/on.
Any fixes?
My SGS2 does that as well. Its normal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
No comment.

LOLOLOL

Undead (in a lot of people's opinion) was the premier Dev for the 4G Slide. All the other ROMs I see are like "OH THIS ROM IS AWESOME! BLAHBLAH BLAH... but you can't use the camera at full resolution, you can't use Skype, you can't do..." on and on and on. Undead's are the only ones that I've had the very least/no issues with.
Our device was supposed to be a flagship device for T-Mobile, but as far as aftermarket support we're the readheaded step-child. Only reason I can figure is because people wanted a bigger screen, like carrying around a giant phonebook attached to your head is functional and a good look.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,964 ·
LOLOLOL

Undead (in a lot of people's opinion) was the premier Dev for the 4G Slide. All the other ROMs I see are like "OH THIS ROM IS AWESOME! BLAHBLAH BLAH... but you can't use the camera at full resolution, you can't use Skype, you can't do..." on and on and on. Undead's are the only ones that I've had the very least/no issues with.
Our device was supposed to be a flagship device for T-Mobile, but as far as aftermarket support we're the readheaded step-child. Only reason I can figure is because people wanted a bigger screen, like carrying around a giant phonebook attached to your head is functional and a good look.
Thanks for the kind words. Development is very slow with this device. Its very sad. I didnt want to leave but my wife was all over my ass cause her LG G2x was total crap. Random reboots. Random shut offs. Laggy as hell. She finally got sick of it and i got her the iphone 4s. I miss my doubleshot in some ways. The keyboard i definititly miss. But the wife is happy. (THANK YOU LG FOR MAKING SUCH A POS DEVICE). Now my wife is an CrApple Fan Girl. Pisses me off. Lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
http://db.tt/6oNRSeju

Sent from my RubiX ICS Infused using Tapatalk
Hey,

I was also trying to get back on the Sense Camera, just because I like the panoramic photo option.

But when I go to install that apk, I just get a msg saying "Application not installed".

I'm trying to install using filemanager... is there something I'm missing or is there another way to install the Sense camera?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,970 ·
Hey,

I was also trying to get back on the Sense Camera, just because I like the panoramic photo option.

But when I go to install that apk, I just get a msg saying "Application not installed".

I'm trying to install using filemanager... is there something I'm missing or is there another way to install the Sense camera?

Thanks in advance.
What the heck are you doing? You need to copy and paste the camera apk to system/app....then you need to change the permissions to chmod 644. Then reboot.

·
Beta Tester
70 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I sold my doubleshot and now have an HTC Amaze 4g. Undead, I agree with you about the keyboard. I miss it dearly, especially since I was using the multiling keyboard and changed the punctuation key bar on the top to have numbers instead of the period, comma parenthesis etc. made life easier lol
what phone do you have now?

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,972 ·
Thanks for the replies. I sold my doubleshot and now have an HTC Amaze 4g. Undead, I agree with you about the keyboard. I miss it dearly, especially since I was using the multiling keyboard and changed the punctuation key bar on the top to have numbers instead of the period, comma parenthesis etc. made life easier lol
what phone do you have now?
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Epic Touch 4G

·
Registered
1 Posts
Undeadk9,

First, thanks so much for this. I've been itching to get to an ICS rom for a while, and this one seems very stable since I installed it earlier today.

I do have two questions:

First, in the description, you said "AOSP Messaging is a little buggy at times. You have two options to remedy this, 1. Deal with the issue, or 2. Flash my Sense Messaging App zip." Is this "buggy" behavior manifested in not sending SMS that are longer than 160 characters? The phone (stock messaging, GO SMS Pro) simply won't send any message over 160 characters. I currently have GO SMS set up to pre-split it.

Is this a known bug with AOSP Messaging, or is this something new?

Also, I'm having trouble taking a screenshot. Settings > Tweaks > Sense Options > Enable Screenshot Function is checked, but Home+Power (and a bunch of other combinations, like Power+VolDown/Up, Home+Shutter, etc.) doesn't seem to work.

Is this a known bug, or something new/unreported? Or am I missing a step entirely?

I apologize if these topics have been covered already, I didn't have the patience to read through all 197 pages of replies :-/

·
Registered
107 Posts
LOLOLOL

+1
Although you should try one of the newer roms that just came out. Virtuous Primadonna (ICS Sense 4.0) is fully working, and Inquisition has some great battery life. Honestly, I thought I would be on Rubix 5.3 for a lot longer, given it was the only senseless stable, but tbalden has made brilliant progress.
And I'm not sure why, but Inquisition has been giving me amazing battery life. Nearly double that of 5.3 under the same exact setup.
This rom had a pretty bad battery drain for me. I would go to sleep and 10 hours later my battery would drop from 100% down to 30%

·
Registered
107 Posts
Undeadk9,

First, thanks so much for this. I've been itching to get to an ICS rom for a while, and this one seems very stable since I installed it earlier today.

I do have two questions:

First, in the description, you said "AOSP Messaging is a little buggy at times. You have two options to remedy this, 1. Deal with the issue, or 2. Flash my Sense Messaging App zip." Is this "buggy" behavior manifested in not sending SMS that are longer than 160 characters? The phone (stock messaging, GO SMS Pro) simply won't send any message over 160 characters. I currently have GO SMS set up to pre-split it.

Is this a known bug with AOSP Messaging, or is this something new?

Also, I'm having trouble taking a screenshot. Settings > Tweaks > Sense Options > Enable Screenshot Function is checked, but Home+Power (and a bunch of other combinations, like Power+VolDown/Up, Home+Shutter, etc.) doesn't seem to work.

Is this a known bug, or something new/unreported? Or am I missing a step entirely?

I apologize if these topics have been covered already, I didn't have the patience to read through all 197 pages of replies :-/
It's a cool little forum tool they invented called search

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. Development is very slow with this device. Its very sad. I didnt want to leave but my wife was all over my ass cause her LG G2x was total crap. Random reboots. Random shut offs. Laggy as hell. She finally got sick of it and i got her the iphone 4s. I miss my doubleshot in some ways. The keyboard i definititly miss. But the wife is happy. (THANK YOU LG FOR MAKING SUCH A POS DEVICE). Now my wife is an CrApple Fan Girl. Pisses me off. Lol.

Well in all fairness it was the first dual core so it is bound yo have problems
Sent from my Htc Doubleshot running ICS SENSE 4.0a

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can somebody please point me to a mirror of the sense messaging addon and the miui music player addon for this rom?

And btw undead this has got to be the fastest rom out there. I'm using yogis uv6 kernel running at 1.5ghz with NO reboots and 12+ hrs of battery life.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can somebody please point me to a mirror of the sense messaging addon and the miui music player addon for this rom?

And btw undead this has got to be the fastest rom out there. I'm using yogis uv6 kernel running at 1.5ghz with NO reboots and 12+ hrs of battery life.

I've been getting even better with Virtuous Inquisition. Almost 20 hours on a charge :) It's double what this rom gave me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Running at 1.5ghz and with around 4hrs of screen on time?

No, about 2 hours of screen time at 1.5GHz.
Don't know how you're getting so much more. This rom has a terrible battery drain for me. My battery would be gone in 8-10 hours. If you read a few posts back, you can see what I was saying. After 10 hours of sleep, the phone would drop 70% in battery!

1961 - 1980 of 1999 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.