Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello guys, Its |Melvin| here, Called Melvin-ADT here on Rootz. If you one of my users since the vibrant, you might remember of the beast ROM line. Well, Here i got you with BeastMOD Extreme, Continuing the last version for this device which was BeastMOD II v4.2. A lot has changed since the last version, we got a new base and all that supports wifi calling, as well as text over wifi. This ROM Combines battery life with performance and looks, as well as other things that you guys like to see on ROMs you use. Thanks to all those that RE DONATED to get me ANOTHER SGSII just to enjoy this ROM once again. moving on to the action!

Video Promo of Advanced Dev Team!
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=XaeSuwhjAx4

Features of this baby are:

+Based on Stock TMO UVKL1 (2.3.6)
+Juwe11 Ram Optimization
+Advanced Power menu
+Xloud & Bravia engine fully working (tested)
+Volume keys wakes the device!
+Hacked Samsung keypad w. theme edits
+GB Android OG keyboard + themed and tweaked.
+Swype keyboard
+Bootanimation support + ICS Bootanimation
+14 Toggles on pull-down, Configurable with quickpanelsettings app
+Modified TW Launcher with speed Optimization
+No ADB Notification inthe pull-down
+Lots of Network tweaks to make it faster and better
+Some configurations already enabled for you!
+Better touch screen responsiveness
+Sinergy kernel!
+A mix of ICS theme plus my own modifications
+Hacked camera to support 40BPS video recorging
+Build.prop edits
+Image quality improved
+Launcher Stays in RAM
+Better video Playback & Streaming
+Free Thethering
+Init.d scripts for ext4 optimizations, zip align & more
+MOAR widgets
+Fully Optimized and Zip aligned Over 3 times
+Web renamed to browser for easier find
+Mixed Blur and fly in transition animations
+CRT And Over scroll Glow
+All apps are decompressed for less power use, less RAM and less processor = better battery life
+OC Daemon w. app to control it at your desire
+78 Cool wallpapers that will be located in /mnt/sdcard/BeastMOD_Wallpapers
+Small fonts
+More, more, more & more

Apps pushed to data for easy removal

--*Flash player
*Spareparts
*Google Voice
*Maps
*Gmail
*Google street
*OCUVBeater
*Youtube
*Voice search

- Things you may want to know? -

-The ROM comes with Touchwiz Launcher edited to match the colors of the THEME - Has some animations edits and others as well as some small theme change to make it slightly better. Launcher has 5 Rows.

-I Really broke my back working on this ROM> The theme took a lot of time, all the apps, even the zip align and optimization took me like a day, i haven't sleep well, haven't eat well, haven't even shared time with my girlfriend because i was busy working on the ROM and now she's mad at me because i lie her all the time telling her I'm going to sleep and it's to work with no one bothering. You all should appreciate the effort i put into my work, you all should know this is not like counting 1.2.3 and done.

-The boot-time on this ROM after the first boot is less than 15 seconds including the splash screen (WOW), first boot might take around 40 seconds(Duh-first boot)

-This ROM has been tweaked for better network speed and signal also- Thanks to my team member Master&Slave i now have over 18-MBPS download speed when here in NY the most i have had was around 4-MBPS on a good day - It's a big city, lot of users so it's not as fast as other places where you get around 10-MBPS. About the signal- Where i live, most of the time my 4 signal bars are full, also Wi-Fi works pretty fast, you don't have to wait for long till it connects.

-By pressing Home and power buttons you can take a nice screenshot of the Beast and share it with your friends, or share it with us here on the Thread, Facebook Or Twitter.

-In this ROM, Pretty much all the apps have been edited to look good and match the theme, there are some apps missing to edit like the camera app and some others but they are coming on next release. You may want to report anything that needs to be changed so that it gets changed by me.

-This ROM brings 78 cool wallpapers inside that will be located in your external sd card when the ROM flashes, you can access them by the gallery and set any of them as wallpaper :)

-You can easily remove, change the place of your toggles in the pulldown by using the app called QuickPanel settings included in the ROM.

-OC Daemon Explaination here !

Introduction to the new Overclocking Daemon

This ROM features a completely new way of Overclocking and managing screen states.

The History
But before explaining it further, let's talk about previous solutions.
There are several different approaches to archieve "screen-state-scaling".
That means basically that the govenor changes if you turn the screen off and changes back to normal when turning the screen on.

This is mainly used to restrict the amount of CPU usage (the frequency in fact) during screen off. This can lead to a major battery life increase.

The solutions so far were:​
  • App like SetCPU, which change automatically the govenor based on profiles
  • integrated solutions in the govenor itself
Both these solutions have major problems.

The one with a tuner app is always a little laggy right after turning on the screen because SetCPU (or any other CPU tuner) needs some time to change the govenors (up to 7 seconds). This leads mostly to major lag in the lockscreen.

The second solution is the smartass govenor. It has already a screen-state-scaling included, so it reduces the frequency when the screen turn off.
This could be a really nice solution but it has some problems too.
Smartass most of the time is not really stable and has problems with its frequency scaling.

State-of-the-art-solution
So we (more precisely rmk40) thought of a better solution.
He wrote a native C Daemon which changes the govenors instantly without any lag.

This leads to major performance improvements right after turning on the screen and in the lockscreen.

But at the moment this solution is a little bit harder to configure. We are plaing to make a GUI for this, so you get the same comfort as using SetCPU.
Nevertheless you can even now adjust the daemon to your needs.

Be aware that the daemon only works if all CPU tuner apps are deinstalled. Otherwise it deactivates itself.

How to adjust the daemon

The daemon is configured with 6 files in the folder /system/etc/virtuous_oc/.
There are 3 files for the wake state and 3 for the sleep state. For each state one file for the govenor, one for the minimal frequency and one for the maximal frequency.

You can easily edit these files eg. with RootExplorer or any other app which can edit system files. So you can adjust the frequencies and the govenor for each state just like with SetCPU.

In order to get the available frequencies for the current kernel, just open your favorite terminal app and type

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

You could also use adb shell to show the frequencies on your computer.

To get the available govenors use a similar approach:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

Please make sure, you are entering the right values in the daemon's config files.

To Test if this is working just open Terminal, make sure your phone is plugged, drive to your ADB location and then type "adb shell" (without the quotes), It should show your phone there
then type su, and it should pop up on your phone. You should see a # in the terminal. then:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq ..Best thing to do it to have the screen off so you can see if its runing the speed you set while sreen is off

And another way is by the governor, if you type : cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor : it should tell you

--**Heres a small video on how to use OC/UV Beater included in the ROM which will let you control OC Daemon. Its not a super video but it should help you.

- Issues & Bugs -

*In case your Camera app FC while you try to open it, heres a Fix​
Apply in CWMR!​

--**You tell me!

- Team Members: -

-*Me= |Melvin| -Melvin-ADT Here in Rootz (Melvin Peralta)-Owner of the team, ROM dev, scripts dev.. More stuff

*RaverX3X (James Freeman)- ROM, Kernel, dev.. Android savvy

*Master&Slave (Eric Freeman)- Themer,ROM dev

*Evl1Art (Nick Saunders) - Themer

*DKfilms13 (Dan kulpa) - Video Editor

*Watcher rich- Graphic designer

---^^Note, no specific order :)

- Flashing instructions -

Download:http://dev-host.org/IFx

Compare The MD5 calculation, CRC32 or SHA-1 calculation with this one below:

MD5: 472C3B3BADF342181F24E3FADA05FD59
SHA-1: F49F3F993A11D6F79D768D1D6ACD6B1647079B99
CRC32: 67475A3F

- How to check this MD5, CRC32 Or SHA-1 numbers? -

*Get this program here (http://implbits.com/HashTab.aspx), and install it on your PC, after you done that, you are ready to go, you won't have any icon in the desktop or something like that, to use it, go to the ROM and right click it, then click properties and on top click file hashes and it will load the numbers in a little box, then after done, put any of this 2 numbers i provided in the bar that will be almost at the bottom, then hit compare, if you have a green check you good to go, if not you will have to re-download the ROM and check it again. It's really needed because if you get a bad download then you will suffer issues with the ROM, also in some cases it won't even flash so you see how important is to check this numbers. Hope you don't find it difficult to do and do it.

**Place the ROM in your SD! I preffer using external, i highly recommend this!

*Boot into recovery

**Factories reset, then in "Mounts and Storage", Format data, system & cashe. Then Flash the ROM

*After the ROM has flashed successfully, Wipe cache, then go to Advanced

**There you will wipe dalvik cache and fix permissions, then reboot your phone

*After the phone boots,let the installation settle for 10 minutes

**After done, Reboot the phone and set it up (Note that is very important to do this)

****HOPE YOU DID WHAT I SAID.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks To:

Mr.x- Kernel
My whole team - ADT
---**M&S- for great ideas on things in the ROM
------**nick= Evl1Art- for theme modifications ideas, the idea of having a dedicated BG for when apps require a black BG
-------**Raver- Great ideas
---------*dkfilms13- Videos editing!
rmk40- OC Daemon​
--**Lidroid - His 14 toggles !
And all those that helped me.. If i forgot you, simply PM me and remind me!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't care about donations, this is a passion, i love developing and i love when people get happy with what i do and i love seeing people thanking me, it inspires me, and makes me work more. If you feel you want to donate me, do it, not required but will be appreciated. Thanks guys for the support you all give me, I'm happy to develop for you all...​

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome rom so far! Just one minor bug. The camera force closes on me.. Tried fixing permissions, and that was a no go. I will try wiping and then flashing again to see if that fixes it. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome rom so far! Just one minor bug. The camera force closes on me.. Tried fixing permissions, and that was a no go. I will try wiping and then flashing again to see if that fixes it. Anyone else have this problem?
Been having this damn issue.. Not on my side tho but some ppl report this issue!.. Replace with a stock cam app and thats all!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been having this damn issue.. Not on my side tho but some ppl report this issue!.. Replace with a stock cam app and thats all!
Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate the hard work you've put into this rom.. I will give the stock cam a shot. Any idea where i can download it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow.. without a doubt.. I noticed there is major scrolling lag compared to the previous rom I was using :x lets see how much longer it'll continue..

·
Registered
3 Posts
cam pic and vid taking wise worked fine for me, but i am having issue downloading from market over wifi download error 492. re installing rom now. cleared delvik and fix permissions 3 times each then reboot.. will update when reinstall complete..

s2x t989 phone im using

EDIT: Update

reinstall still same error in app market when trying download any app, applanet will install when goto that site but network error ( noticed that happens with it tho not rom issue)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow.. without a doubt.. I noticed there is major scrolling lag compared to the previous rom I was using :x lets see how much longer it'll continue..
Its a kernel thing, just flash darkside :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cam pic and vid taking wise worked fine for me, but i am having issue downloading from market over wifi download error 492. re installing rom now. cleared delvik and fix permissions 3 times each then reboot.. will update when reinstall complete..

s2x t989 phone im using

EDIT: Update

reinstall still same error in app market when trying download any app, applanet will install when goto that site but network error ( noticed that happens with it tho not rom issue)
That happens when you dont follow my instruction.. go wipe cache and all good;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
i did i said i wiped it fixed permissions if u read..

how i install roms i do wipe, factory reset, install rom, clear dalvik cache, fix permissions..

but i got it working, wiped cache partition, cleared dalvik, fix permissions reboot all good

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.