Android OS Forum banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know where did Mel go must have taken a long vacation... or maybe he is working on some ICS although I figured he would hold off on that until an official release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Melvin,

I just wanted to verify that this works BeastMOD Extreme v5.0 works on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy s2 t989, I just flashed BeastMod 2.5 on my phone and it is working great except my market app is not working. Is there any other issues you found besides Camera App, with which you provided a solution, Im just looking for battery life and ive heard BeastMOD is the way to go, Flash 5.0 or stay on 2.5 what do you suggest?

- ypeguero

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Melvin,

I just wanted to verify that this works BeastMOD Extreme v5.0 works on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy s2 t989, I just flashed BeastMod 2.5 on my phone and it is working great except my market app is not working. Is there any other issues you found besides Camera App, with which you provided a solution, Im just looking for battery life and ive heard BeastMOD is the way to go, Flash 5.0 or stay on 2.5 what do you suggest?

- ypeguero
This is the t-mobile SII forum so ofcourse this works on T-989. also if u go pack a couple of pages there beastMOD 5.1 test run which works great

·
Registered
3 Posts
ROM's working great! Phenomenal battery life after calibration and cycling. A couple changes/additions I would personally like to see:

-Settings to change battery icon in the status bar to a percentage readout, and for a thin horizontal bar across top that (like Juggernaut has.) Before someone says, "Then why don't you just use Juggernaut" I'm just trying to give some constructive criticism yall. The main reason I stuck with Juggernaut for so long was simply for that option. I've stuck with BeastMOD for some time now and I think it's the little things that make all the difference in a ROM!

-Secondly the ability to adjust transparency of the background for both the notification dropdown screen and quickpanel toggles. As it is I don't like how easily I can see my home screen through it. Again maybe that's just me, but I feel that it's too transparent.

Keep up the great work Melvin!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may have found a bug with the default messaging app. I use Chomp SMS, and as any noob knows you have to turn notifications off from the stock messaging app so you don't get double notifications. All works as it should...unless in the middle of a call. When I was talking to a friend I had an incoming text message and this annoying song started playing through the earphone and it WOULD NOT STOP. I pulled up task manager and had to clear all apps and the ram before it would go away. The phone wouldn't even let me put it on silent, it just lowered the volume down to the lowest level before vibrate. Through trial and error (sending myself a text then calling my voicemail) it turns out the stock messaging app is still playing it's default notification ringtone even though notifications are turned off. I tried uninstalling chomp, then resetting the deafault settings on the stock app, reboot, reinstall chomp, turn off default app notifications, set up chomp's notifications and got the same result. I haven't tried reflashing Extreme yet, but I know this wasn't an issue in the previous versions. I would be curious to hear if anybody else can replicate this or if it's a fluke?

Update: Reflashed BeastMOD 5.0 following installation instructions to the letter. When fully booted I did not install any new apps and was working with the stock system. I turned off notifications on the messaging app, sent myself a text, then immediately placed call to my voicemail. While in the call the messaging notification tone still goes off! Happy to report that at least it does turn off after the 1 cycle and doesn't keep like looping like above states, but still is preventing me from using ChompSMS or using speakerphone in the meantime...To be fair the messaging app settings do say, "Display message notifications in status bar" It does not say, "Turn off all message notifications" but I don't know why it doesn't/wouldn't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm Having an issue with this rom everytime i plug in my charger and try to use the phone while its charging the touchscreen
becomes un responsive and selects things i didnt press is there ant fix for this????????

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
I'm Having an issue with this rom everytime i plug in my charger and try to use the phone while its charging the touchscreen
becomes un responsive and selects things i didnt press is there ant fix for this????????
I had this problem before and in my case it was not rom related it was my charger cord i changed cords and that fixed it ..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone know if synergy v10 kernel (the newer one) works better for this?
Or does eugene's streamline kernel works best?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem before and in my case it was not rom related it was my charger cord i changed cords and that fixed it ..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
I tried that the touch screen still moves stupid with a new charger but i noticed when i go back to stock rom that doesnt happen
when it charging so i figure it the rom or something

141 - 157 of 157 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.